TAMUKEYAMA Red Lace leaf Japanese Maple Damaged

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hootsgallery

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new here, so I hope I'm asking this in the correct place.
Back in May of 2009 my mom bought a TAMUKEYAMA Red Lace leaf Japanese Maple for my husband and I on our anniversary. We planted it and took care of it diligently and it was doing very well.

Yesterday, our barn burned down and during all the craziness that comes with that, someone must have hit our new tree (it is far enough away from the fire that it wasn't damaged by the burn) because we found today that all of it's branches had been ripped off. I'm devastated!

But...the tree trunk is still in the ground and seems very sturdy. We took the broken branches and put them in some water on the off chance they would root. However, it is November and the weather here in Zone 5 NW Ohio is going to get bad soon. I really would love to salvage my tree since the trunk is still there and seems to have a few tiny new branch shoots. It is probably 1.5 to 2" in diameter. I understand that it may not be possible to save, but any tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you,
Johna

Latest posts

Back