Team climbing event?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should there be a 'team climb' event at the ISA championships?

• Yes, with cheerleaders

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

adam

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We've all seen the ISA Tree Climbing Championships, right? Various events, various competitors, various winners. My problem, personally, is that it's always one guy. This might be good in competition, but it isn't very true to real life, where trying to work alone (without at least one groundsman) is kind of impractical to say the least.

To that end my question to all of you is this:

In your opinion(s), would the ISA Championships benefit from the inclusion of a 'team climb' event? Something more akin to real tree work, something that could actually gauge who would be better in a more realistic working situation.

This could, at the very least, boost the morale and status of the rather underappreciated but quintessential groundsmen!

Don't fore get the crane operator's too. I always thought they could have a skills contest for tree crane operator's as well as working with a climber. Just a thought.

Then you would have to call it the tree work championships.

Its called the tree CLIMBING championships because its about climbers!

I voted cheerleaders only because I like the concept of less structured "jamborees", where climbers can get together to talk shop and showcase different techniques. Everybody wins!

Don't fore get the crane operator's too. I always thought they could have a skills contest for tree crane operator's as well as working with a climber. Just a thought.

Such an event would be pretty cool.....but you might as well just mail us the trophey I dont think there would be much competition:laugh: :laugh:

why stop there

Don't forget about bucket truck operators!

And those log truck operators!:laugh:

Latest posts

Back