Breaking into the biz...part-time?!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! much entertainment on this thread. Must say that CV received more good advise than what I would have thought at first considering that sawzall and electric chainsaw. Seriously, that's the equivalent of someone asking how to break into the trucking business with their new MOPED and RADIO FLYER WAGON. LOL!!! Good advice on here hope it all works out for you. FYI - alot of times the biggest a$$hole has the most to show someone. They've just become so frustrated with greenhorns that you have to earn their respect. Other times they can also just bee the biggest a hole - find out which one is which and learn from that guy!!!!

Nah it will only teach you to be an #######. The one you can learn from don't play like he knows it all:)

Dan:
Why the hell would I want your goat, too? Believe what you want, I honestly don't care.

Wow! much entertainment on this thread. Must say that CV received more good advise than what I would have thought at first considering that sawzall and electric chainsaw. Seriously, that's the equivalent of someone asking how to break into the trucking business with their new MOPED and RADIO FLYER WAGON. LOL!!! Good advice on here hope it all works out for you. FYI - alot of times the biggest a$$hole has the most to show someone. They've just become so frustrated with greenhorns that you have to earn their respect. Other times they can also just bee the biggest a hole - find out which one is which and learn from that guy!!!!
Yeah, shouldna mentioned my gardening and construction tools, everyone assumes I sleep with them or something. The entire point in my joining is to help me safely learn the ropes, the gear, and apparently the culture too. Beyond that, whatever wrong assumptions folks wish to read into my OP is merely entertainment.

As for ####ish behavior: I'd much rather catch it here and know what to anticipate in the field, than step into a turdpile on Day 1. A$$holes are doing me a favor...they certainly think so, at any rate! If for every 10 harsh remarks there's a gem from Iustinian, CNB or LXT, I figure I'm doing pretty good.

Husky vs Stihl:
I'm leaning towards Stihl, but given the choice btwn two equivalent saws, price and country of manufacture will be important considerations. I buy US products every chance I can get (getting harder every year).

the whole thread is ridiculous....

I'm new here - and don't expect anyone to care about what I have to say.

But this thread has been, in my estimation, a prime example of arrogance meeting ignorance and not in any way entertaining.

The OP gave a lot of explanation which is perfectly fine - asking well thought questions - and being very open and unassuming. The response about people do not like to read long posts is akin to a parishioner saying he/she does not like long sermons. The length of the post means less than the content and aim of the post combined with execution.

I completely understand the idea of being a hard-ass to someone who is new. Being a Marine - we use that as a method of building skill sets in recruits and lower-ranking subordinates. What I do NOT understand and what makes me think twice about using this web site for information and interaction, is that IMMEDIATELY, instead of being helpful and constructive, the responses were choc-full of hate, ignorance and arrogance.

I also understand the OP defending himself, which in reading the entire thread - he managed to stay above the fray (for the most part). "Vets" throwing insults and ignorance around like candy at a holiday parade is sad. If this is how the forums are run here, then there should be a primer for new members about the arrogant voracity of some "vets" on the forums so that instead of getting flack from people they get support and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I sure didn't read anything in the FAQ about that.

Have a great day. I won't bother checking back to see the replies here so go ahead and message me if you must.

Erga Erga

I'm new here - and don't expect anyone to care about what I have to say.

But this thread has been, in my estimation, a prime example of arrogance meeting ignorance and not in any way entertaining.

The OP gave a lot of explanation which is perfectly fine - asking well thought questions - and being very open and unassuming. The response about people do not like to read long posts is akin to a parishioner saying he/she does not like long sermons. The length of the post means less than the content and aim of the post combined with execution.

I completely understand the idea of being a hard-ass to someone who is new. Being a Marine - we use that as a method of building skill sets in recruits and lower-ranking subordinates. What I do NOT understand and what makes me think twice about using this web site for information and interaction, is that IMMEDIATELY, instead of being helpful and constructive, the responses were choc-full of hate, ignorance and arrogance.

I also understand the OP defending himself, which in reading the entire thread - he managed to stay above the fray (for the most part). "Vets" throwing insults and ignorance around like candy at a holiday parade is sad. If this is how the forums are run here, then there should be a primer for new members about the arrogant voracity of some "vets" on the forums so that instead of getting flack from people they get support and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I sure didn't read anything in the FAQ about that.

Have a great day. I won't bother checking back to see the replies here so go ahead and message me if you must.

Erga Erga

Very sensitive fella are you? If you cant take it, then maybe your in the wrong field.

Latest posts

Back