• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Tecomec Mini Jolly Type 185 Grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
At least that is the model I think it is. Just picked this up from a local tree service guy. It appears to be complete but has a few cosmetic issues. First the black plastic piece is cracked in a couple different spots by the screws, see pictures. The black piece does not seem loose or anything and does not effect functionality. Paint is bubbling up on part of the unit due to something coming in contact with it on the outside. Not sure what but again does not effect the units functionality. Also the jacket has come free from the electrical plug on the unit. It still works fine but could use an inexpensive plug. Again the unit seems 100% operational and not missing anything from what I can tell. Also have a stihl 12v sharpener. It also works but could use a new stone. $100 shipped. Please feel free to ask any questions and I will be happy to answer.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

At least that is the model I think it is. Just picked this up from a local tree service guy. It appears to be complete but has a few cosmetic issues. First the black plastic piece is cracked in a couple different spots by the screws, see pictures. The black piece does not seem loose or anything and does not effect functionality. Paint is bubbling up on part of the unit due to something coming in contact with it on the outside. Not sure what but again does not effect the units functionality. Also the jacket has come free from the electrical plug on the unit. It still works fine but could use an inexpensive plug. Again the unit seems 100% operational and not missing anything from what I can tell. Also have a stihl 12v sharpener. It also works but could use a new stone. $100 plus the ride. Please feel free to ask any questions and I will be happy to answer.

View attachment 410119 View attachment 410120 View attachment 410121 View attachment 410122 View attachment 410123 View attachment 410124 View attachment 410126

Those little Stihl portable 12V mini grinders can actually be very useful in a pinch. If you are out in woods and rock or dirt a chain really bad and don't have many extra chains along with you, they come in pretty handy to get your chain sharp again really quickly without un-mounting it or much effort. They aren't cheap either, so this along with the bench grinder is a nice deal. GLWS Rory

Those little Stihl portable 12V mini grinders can actually be very useful in a pinch. If you are out in woods and rock or dirt a chain really bad and don't have many extra chains along with you, they come in pretty handy to get your chain sharp again really quickly without un-mounting it or much effort. They aren't cheap either, so this along with the bench grinder is a nice deal. GLWS Rory
Thanks man!

The grinder does have a wheel on it but I am not sure what size it is. I will look at it tonight and find out. Any and all info helps.

You must know a lot about sharpeners!

Back