Terms and phrases that only tree workers use

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am interested to hear some terminology that is specific to the tree care industry. Slang or jargon welcome! Terms like skrench and branch collar.

Let hear them!

Not to be a bully, but where have you been for 7 year's? You crawl out from under a rock or were you on the rock? Bored? Seriously? Deadwood!
Jeff :msp_confused:

Not to be a bully, but where have you been for 7 year's? You crawl out from under a rock or were you on the rock? Bored? Seriously? Deadwood!
Jeff :msp_confused:

Jeff,

I appreciate the candor. Not on the rock or under the rock, just trying to rock. I dont often find time to browse the posts and when I do, someone has usually already offered the same advice I would. I have a reason for the terminology question though. Its not just to amuse myself and giggle.

Jeff,

I appreciate the candor. Not on the rock or under the rock, just trying to rock. I dont often find time to browse the posts and when I do, someone has usually already offered the same advice I would. I have a reason for the terminology question though. Its not just to amuse myself and giggle.

Then do a search - this has been covered so many times! just go to google and type "site:arboristsite.com tree sayings" or whatever. So long as you put in "site:arboristsite.com" all the results will be from this site. Should be able to find what you're looking for in a few minutes.

Shaun

Corona? No that is also Cerveza.

Terminal Bud? No. = (Last beer in the fridge; Cerveza again.)

Prune--no you do that once now then some more when you are old.

I bet you can't find something in tree care that isn't in some other walk of life. Without trees there wouldn't be life.

last week, last pine @ a HO residence, working in a natural area.
I had just dropped the top & needed to reduce the length by 16' to fit the spar into the DZ.
I told the guys to clean up some other debris & get them away from the DZ, " I'm gonna drop down & drop a log."
To which the HO replied, " you're welcome to use the house......."

Talkin to a greenhorn about using a false crotch and he starts talking about a pocket p---y! I told him he needed to get out of treework and date more often, a lot more often.....

Included bark
Xylem
Phloem
Cambium
Adventitious buds
Internodal
Auxin
Cytokinin

I think you'd hear those words ONLY if you were talking about trees/plants...

I find my self saying dont stand there du$% azz ! Quite often. Thats a phrase isnt it?:hmm3grin2orange:

big crotch or nasty crotch
Don't mean to hijack but a couple years ago I was trying to explain a bad crotch with included bark to a Chinese girl who barely spoke English. My wife found the paper later, held it upside down and asked me if I had a fun day at work.
This is what I drew View attachment 247705
This is what my wife saw View attachment 247706

Back