Texas Gtg!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jared your logs were up on blocks for clean cutting; but, those PNW logs were on the ground; and, it looked like the chains had to be going into the ground. Hope they took along extra chains. Again I had fun; and, I still think Kenny P should have put that new Silvey grinder on my truck, as I know I could have figured out how to set it up. ha.

Jared your logs were up on blocks for clean cutting; but, those PNW logs were on the ground; and, it looked like the chains had to be going into the ground. Hope they took along extra chains. Again I had fun; and, I still think Kenny P should have put that new Silvey grinder on my truck, as I know I could have figured out how to set it up. ha.

LOL! I noticed that.

Once you're done with that grinder send it my way!:D I guess well both have to keep dreaming...

West Texas have you made it home already? Sure enjoyed meeting you and your wife. Man your modded 361s and Jareds 084 with the short bar were the life of the party.:clap: :clap: Having a 361 myself it was amazing how much faster your modded saws were. You know your going to cost me money now because I'll have to mod mine. Again it was great seeing and meeting everyone and had a great time. Jared my son loved that little cat you have.:cheers: :givebeer: :givebeer:

West Texas have you made it home already? Sure enjoyed meeting you and your wife. Man your modded 361s and Jareds 084 with the short bar were the life of the party.:clap: :clap: Having a 361 myself it was amazing how much faster your modded saws were. You know your going to cost me money now because I'll have to mod mine. Again it was great seeing and meeting everyone and had a great time. Jared my son loved that little cat you have.:cheers: :givebeer: :givebeer:

And so it begins.... :D That pipe has got me wanting one on for the 084!:rock:

I noticed your son spent 1/2 the day on the shop floor with her. We started feeding her after her momma abandoned her in our barn. She's cool for now but the problem with kittens is they turn in to cats and I'm not much of a cat person. As long as she learns to catch mice in the barn we'll be OK.

Nah. not too many chains in the dirt. mostly the logs were supported on smaller logs. but by the time the camera man showed up a lot of it was already cut up. what was on the ground was either picked up and placed back on the logs or was dealt with in the top secret PNW way we do that prevents chain/dirt incursions :chainsaw:

looks like you guys had a good time too :cheers:

My hats off to you guys that are willing to put the time effot and your place up for these events. We need to start a PNW Texas exchange program. Looks like it was a great day across the country for chainsaw fun.

Looks like a great time guys. Maybe one of these days we can kinda meet in the middle right in a big patch of redwoods.

Here's my shot of the group that stayed the longest. I'm in Dallas, making a pit stop for the wife and will be home Wednesday to post more. Tom :cheers:

The group with Jared talking to the Sheriff on the phone. And one of Jared talking to his 084 with short bar, telling it to beat my piped 361. :dizzy: :dizzy:

The group with Jared talking to the Sheriff on the phone. And one of Jared talking to his 084 with short bar, telling it to beat my piped 361. :dizzy: :dizzy:

That's funny West Texas. I somehow missed Jared talking to his 084. It looks the way he would be talking to a small child, but hell I know for sure that 084 is no small child. Come on Jared tell us your magic words you use to make that thing sing.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Be safe in your travels West Texas and looking forward to more pics and commentary.:cheers: :givebeer: :givebeer:

in defens of aaron escobar(the husky 353 operator) that chain was dull as card board...and the one i was using had a very well sharpened chain(once again kudos to you Ray in Tomball... i really was impressed at your chains..we usually dont try that hard with chains...hope next time you find some new information on chain sharpening...)

The Support Team and Cheering section helped Wolfcsm and myself. :cheers: PS Finally made it home early this morning. Rained in Houston, all the way to Dallas and most of the way to Midland/Odessa. But nary a drop in Fort Davis, the Texas Forest Service Fire fighters are pre positioned here; in expectation of a 'lightning' ignited fire at any time.

Last edited:
Testing, testing...video clips, hopefully.

Testing, testing...

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i67.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid67.photobucket.com/albums/h286/antoniosalieri/TX%20Chainsaw%20GTG%205-3-8/TXchainsaw538.flv">

So far so good, part 2 of 12.

It appears that I may not have needed to break the video down into so many parts. I'll post one more link, & then wait for comments to see if this' actually working.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i67.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid67.photobucket.com/albums/h286/antoniosalieri/TX%20Chainsaw%20GTG%205-3-8/TXchainsaw538pt2.flv">

Back