Thank you God

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great news Maple. I hope the arrangement pans out well for both you and your neighbor. God is good, now go earn it!

Thanks Nails: I all-ready started on the earning part yesterday pm. After that big 30" snowfall we took a short while back the access road in to the lot still has about 18" of hard settled stuff I need to remove so I can get at the wood. My John Deere 1020 is not 4 wheel drive but will get it done if you go slow and don't get in to deep. Surprisingly, I found some soft ground under all that snow and almost got stuck on the landing yesterday. I took most of the snow off that area and decided to let it freeze good and solid so I can get to the road that continues into the woodlot. Well below zero here this morning so it shouldn't take long. Happy New Year to Ya and hope some of the good stuff flows your way this year too.

Maple:

Right on Maple-Glad things are lookin' up for ya. Pay attention to the scenario as often the blessing has more to do with the people involved than the monetary side. Hey I was in your state a few years ago. You are blessed also with the beauty of that state! :clap:

What a sweet deal, I must say I am jealous. Remember, He works in mysterious ways and usually it's in a way we never see coming, enjoy the mana from heaven.

GM:clap:

Good to hear from you BigJake: A little spiritual renewal every now and then has certainly helped me over the rough spots in my life and this has certainly been one of those moments. Vermont is a beautiful state but economically, we have been on the wane for a long time. Most of the manufacturing is either gone or going and I don't think things are going to be turning around soon. Getting to be a real challenge keeping the wolf away from the door, but I know that many others are struggling as well these days. Happy New Year.

What a sweet deal, I must say I am jealous. Remember, He works in mysterious ways and usually it's in a way we never see coming, enjoy the mana from heaven.

GM:clap:

Yes indeed K7. I never saw this one coming for sure and it couldn't have come at a better time. I am truly greatful.

Maple

Good to hear from you BigJake: A little spiritual renewal every now and then has certainly helped me over the rough spots in my life and this has certainly been one of those moments. Vermont is a beautiful state but economically, we have been on the wane for a long time. Most of the manufacturing is either gone or going and I don't think things are going to be turning around soon. Getting to be a real challenge keeping the wolf away from the door, but I know that many others are struggling as well these days. Happy New Year.

That may be the sole purpose of the rough times-wakes us up. Remember 9-11? Bummer on the economics. Maple I have two houses, 17 acres and a two story cabin in the mountains, an RV and two other trailers. Lot's of stuff. The fact is the more things I own the more they own me. Conversely, some of the best times in my life were when I had nothing! Ecclesiastes sheds some good insight on life-puts things in perspective for me anyway. At this stage I'd like to get back to a simpler life. Nuff rambling. Anyway hope this year is the best ever for ya!

That may be the sole purpose of the rough times-wakes us up. Remember 9-11? Bummer on the economics. Maple I have two houses, 17 acres and a two story cabin in the mountains, an RV and two other trailers. Lot's of stuff. The fact is the more things I own the more they own me. Conversely, some of the best times in my life were when I had nothing! Ecclesiastes sheds some good insight on life-puts things in perspective for me anyway. At this stage I'd like to get back to a simpler life. Nuff rambling. Anyway hope this year is the best ever for ya!

Wise words indeed. It's definitely not things that make us happy although we all like to think so from time to time I guess.

Maple.

Remember M² -- that whatever you did "to deserve" the good fortune has also to do with how you approach life and others.
You give out good feelings, you get them in return. Nice attitude.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:
Good to hear from you again LB. I trust you are keeping up with all the snow we have been receiving so far this winter. I spent a good part of today with "Old Greene", my John Deere 1020, clearing out the woods roads to the lot so I can get at er tomorrow with the 460. You are correct about the old what goes around comes around thing too. Still, I am always amazed that when it does come around, it always seems to come from somewhere I never expected it.

Best Regards and a Happy New Year to Ya

Maple.:cheers: :cheers:

It's been a long cold, snowy pre-winter here. Earliest for winter cold and snow I remember. Yesterday with most of the snow gone could have been a good day for woods work. With the NW breeze gusting over 45, temps in the singles, I wimped out for the day and hunkered down to do desk work.
Glad to hear you're getting the deserved.
Happy New year to you all.

in the same boat

H:greenchainsaw: ey Maple, Im in a very similar situation to you...tough economic times, and just when you think it can't get worse...a window open and the light comes pouring through!!! Lawn and landscape work here in PA is really thin this time of year and ther just ain't enough snow to keep things rolling along. Had a guy two miles up the road advertise on craigslist that he wants a lot cleared and everthing hauled away. Now I got enough firewood for the next two years, sell a little for a few bucks and all the mulch I can make out of the small stuff to keep the wife and her plants happy. Keep the faith Brother! All will be well!!!!:greenchainsaw:

I hear you there pony. I spent my first half day today working on the new lot. Got a bad rim on my tractor and had to give that some attention this morning but this afternoon, I did manage to drop and block a cord of hardwood, and stack it on the edge of the wood road. Also dropped 7 more trees of various size 10" to 16", branched them out and have them ready to drag to the landing tomorrow. We have about 18" of snow in the woods so I am trying to stay within 30 yards of the wood road system in this lot for the rest of the winter anyway. I drop the close ones across the road, block and stack the section that's in the road, and save the remaining log to drag to the landing where I can work more efficiently. So far it seems to be a good plan. Never skidded with this tractor before and it's not 4 wheel drive so I have to be cautious where I put it. Also need to pick up a set of logging tongs for the three point to make things go a little quicker, but it's a 40 horse
with diamond chains so I think it's up to the task once I get it properly set up.

Regards:

Maplemeister:

glad to see you getting right after it. are you starting from the back of the lot ? this will some times make it easier before the real snow comes heheh.
no luck in WYO. or here.
pm on address and I'll come check it out someday.

You done good :)
You seem to have a great attitude. Glad to hear there are still good neighbors out there.

Ase:

I actually didn't start in the back. My thinking was that if we do get major
snow accumulation and I can't keep up with it, I wanted to get the close stuff first to maximize my production in case I get shut down by weather. I am hoping to be able to keep the main road open with my tractor all winter so I can keep cutting. There is enough wood next to the road I have cleared to keep me busy into Spring at least. After mud season I will have access to the feeder trails to get at the remainder of the lot. I don't have a time limit to meet so whatever I don't get this winter, will be there in the Spring. Check your Pm.

Maplemeister:

Back