Thank you God

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ase.

Yes sir it was mighty brisk here this morning. 10 below with a good stiff breeze when I rolled out at 6am, but I would have been out on this deal even if it was 25 below. I'm sure you know the feeling when you get fired up over something. And yes, neighbors like this are the kind of folks you don't forget.
By the way, hope you had better luck out west than I did up in Maine this
year.

Maplemeister:

Many thanks HD. Still feeling like a little kid on Christmas morning and I just hit the big 60 last September. :) :)

Maplemeister: :chainsawguy: :biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

Many thanks HD. Still feeling like a little kid on Christmas morning and I just hit the big 60 last September. :) :)

Maplemeister: :chainsawguy: :biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

You might have hit the big 60 but you better or are going to be a youngster by the time it is done:buttkick:

I hear ya Streeter, I have done a lot of physical work during my life but I have to admit, I started to notice a lot of changes at the 50 mark. I can still track a big whitetail all day on snow and run a saw all day as well, but I do have to pace myself a lot more. To be honest, I used to move to fast in the woods when I was a lot younger and often times ended up overrunning the track. These days, I find that moving a little slower and looking around a little more often pays big dividends whether I'm cutting wood or tracking deer.

Maplemeister: :chainsawguy: :cheers: :cheers:

Tell me....I just got off the phone with my neighbor which had his land logged off. They left the tops and he doesn't have any need for wood and the land is 100' away from me right now. Anyways he called and told me $10 for each top and when I start he will give me 12 weeks to get it all done. I told him I would get back to him. Not a bad deal @$10 per top but c'mon.....Am I alone here?:confused:

clean about 100 cords of tops up over the last year or so. It was 2 miles from the house. The guy thanked me every time for getting them out of there. I asked if he needed any wood and he said no but his dad wold take a load. I took the 90 year old guy a load of white oak. He requested that it be unsplit because he liked to split and stack wood. $10 a top is a lot unless the tops are really big. My supplier cuts tops and the going rate for him is $2 a rank Right now he has over 500 acres of woods that has been logged to clean up. I have my order in for 100 cords starting mid January.

Scott

clean about 100 cords of tops up over the last year or so. It was 2 miles from the house. The guy thanked me every time for getting them out of there. I asked if he needed any wood and he said no but his dad wold take a load. I took the 90 year old guy a load of white oak. He requested that it be unsplit because he liked to split and stack wood. $10 a top is a lot unless the tops are really big. My supplier cuts tops and the going rate for him is $2 a rank Right now he has over 500 acres of woods that has been logged to clean up. I have my order in for 100 cords starting mid January.

Scott

I have pretty much decided to grit my teeth and drive by the tops every time I go out in my own woods. I sure hate to see all that sitting there rotting but I figured I would ask and maybe be a service for us both to clean up the mess. Maplemeister & RodneyG pretty much told me the same thing and I appreciate the input. I will take the high road though and just tell him I'm all set and leave it at that.

Wood deal sounds too good to be true

Is his name Bernie Madoff? I'd be suspicious.

Enjoy the commute.

No going home for lunch.

Praise God. sounds like you have a very good neibor. it is nice to know there are still people like your neibor in the world.

Boy, talk about a Happy New year!

Truly a good story, and one that warms the heart as much as a good fire.

Blessed is right, and I'm happy for you.:cheers:

What a Blessing from God! And the first day of 2009 too boot.

Good luck with the upcoming wood adventure, and cut safe.

Happy New Year! :cheers:

Latest posts

Back