That Saw "you guys are gonna kill me" is back on Craigslist!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drgnarr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
[email protected]

I have a Husqvarna 372 Xp Chainsaw its a 71cc with the compression relief it has a good 20" Oregon bar a decently sharp chain! I did a compression test with an old tester today and got a little over a 100 psi which is good! I just put a brand new air filter on it day! The saw fires up 1 or 2 pulls and cuts like a champ! There are 2 little problems on the bottom of the saw is the gas tank it has a little jb weld because it was cracked at one time! The second is the kill switch doesn't work! I would like to $250 Firm out of this saw PICK UP ONLY UNLESS YOU WILL COVER SHIPPING FEE! Would be willing to trade for a running snowmobile! NOTHING ELSE!
My cell is 724-954-5081

I guesss I screwed this one up for everyone, he raised the price to $250, i apologize to the lucky buyer

By the way, the compression was tested with an old model tester (the kind with the rubber stop that you mush in to the plug hole) that was dry rotted and the inside o-ring busted. We were getting about 100lbs with that tester.

I Know that, but----

100 is not good.

LIke I said, the compression tester was dry rotted.

When the saw was picked up by the pull cord it would cycle 1-2 times, sometimes once, sometimes twice, but no more than twice.

The piston looked alright, it was free of any scoring, residue, blackness, it was bright and shiney.
The horizontal lines were gone on the piston
It did fire with 1-2 pulls every time and appeared to run strong
It would not idle long though. I was thinking that due to the gas leak there was no pressure in the tank, but not sure if that would be the problem or not.

There is also a pile of JB weld on the bottom, which appears to be along the middle seam, which is where the kid was told that the leak was.

Last edited:
Willing to trade for a running sled? lol

I knew it would end up back for sale at a higher price!. Lesson learned, good guys finish last 99 percent of the time.

The best lesson in the world...

Is the one that you learn from.

I suspect you will now understand that you don't give an inch to the seller, they are out to get as much $$$s as they can. You as a buyer are trying to minimize your expense.

Feeling sorry for the seller is never a good idea.

Next time you will have learned from this experience to help you the next time hopefully.

Regards,
TT

so what was it you where trying to accomplish?

well,problem you had is now solved.
you didn't feel right taking it for $130.you informed him to cleaned it up so he could sell it for more.
now you can go back,give him $250 and rest easy at night.
you still get a heck of a deal on a 372(even if it does need a piston and ring).he gets what you feel is more accurate price for his $15 saw and you both win lol.
seems like your kinda unsure of just what you where trying to accomplish?
buy the saw.you wont find a running 372 for $250 everyday,yet you wont feel like you robed him.If this wasn't your objective,then what was?

Back