The 660 is waiting in the saw box

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
My boss bought me a new 660 after work today! I cant wait to run it tomorrow. Any advice for break in? can i put a 460 DP cover on it? If so, will it help power much?

My boss bought me a new 660 after work today! I cant wait to run it tomorrow. Any advice for break in? can i put a 460 DP cover on it? If so, will it help power much?

No,,,,, you cant put a 460 Dual port cover on it,,,,

But you can put a 066/660 Dual port cover on it!!!!

But you need to have the carb tuned accordingly if that is done!!!!

Which requires removing the limiter caps,,,, and a tach to set the RPM

Last edited:
Sweetness! Wish my boss would do that for me.

+1!

So, I kinda gather that one needs a tach to tune the carb for the DP muff cover.
Hmmm.... I just pulled the caps off (thanks Brad S., DW screw worked just fine!), and then turned it out a bit more. We'll see how it runs this weekend......Congrats on the 660!

+1!

So, I kinda gather that one needs a tach to tune the carb for the DP muff cover.
Hmmm.... I just pulled the caps off (thanks Brad S., DW screw worked just fine!), and then turned it out a bit more. We'll see how it runs this weekend......Congrats on the 660!

Just make sure it's not totally peaked out at WOT. You should hear a little bit of 4-stoke hichup still in it. If not, it's too lean.

first thing i would do is take of the muffler and remove the internal baffle, open up the stock port and add the dual port...retune the carb and let rip..good saw

Latest posts

Back