the addiction continues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood junky

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have no real "need" for another saw but I have decided that I want an 066 I am looking for something cost effective and to be a back up.

can some folks tell more about the model good years- potential pitfalls etc.

going rate seems to be 300-400 on ebay. for stuff that shows some wear.

kevin

If you can, buy the later versions - after 2005 -the bugs has been worked out...

Watch out for Ebay beaters.. there are a lot of "ex-pro" saws that are just junk..

I got a beautiful condition 066, 2003 model for $400, and a bunch of stuff thown in. But I got it local from Craigslist...

Edit... make that "after 1995"!!!!!

Last edited:
thanks lakeside- I am hesitant about alot of ebay saws.

I have been eyeing craigslist as well.

K

Lakeside53 said:
If you can, buy the later versions - after 2005 -the bugs has been worked out...

Watch out for Ebay beaters.. there are a lot of "ex-pro" saws that are just junk..

I got a beautiful condition 066, 2003 model for $400, and a bunch of stuff thown in. But I got it local from Craigslist...

Agreed on the ebay junk.

What did they change from 2001 to 2005?

My new one is an 05 model, I think....

Lakeside53 said:

I thought they worked out the bugs by 2000? Is there a cutoff serial number? I got to thinking I bought my 066 sometime in 2001, but have no idea when it was made.

My huskies have a date on the serial number plate.

Last edited:
Is there a way to check by serial number? Whats the method?

Just curious. :bowdown:

Back