the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Throttle valve closing fully against the throat, properly seated in the throat etc
?

butterfly looks closed to me.
i think i have an air leak some where.
L screw is all the way out.. and the H screw is all the way in. only then it runs well but still very high idle.
i'll try another carby tonite.. just in case.

L screw is all the way out.. and the H screw is all the way in. only then it runs well but still very high idle.

If you screw the L screw back in what happens? Does it increase revs from high idle all the way until it the L screw hits the stops? Is the jet the right size I wonder?

I'm not giving the bastard anything. I'm just there for free beer :)
I was going to get Andreas Stihl over and get him to jump out the wedding cake but he wanted 10,000 EURO and a run on my ported Dolmar 7900 in Redgum. Apparently Benny emailed Stihl head office in Deutschland asking them to make a saw as good as the Dolmar 7900's and now Uncle André wants to know what all the fuss is about.
I told him don't bother as there ain't no boxhead outside of Benny going to touch my pride and joy.
As much as u don't like them. My 441 I recon hits the mark for smoothness and the air filter last for ages. Standard so it's got nothing on ur 7900 for grunt but I can use that thing tank after tank with a 25" no worries

As much as u don't like them. My 441 I recon hits the mark for smoothness and the air filter last for ages. Standard so it's got nothing on ur 7900 for grunt but I can use that thing tank after tank with a 25" no worries

I actually do like them mate apart from the feel and balance. The ported one that Mitch built for Andrew was one impressive saw when I ran it. Very smooth.

Those things leak from between the crank case and the carb. It is the valve block with the reed in it. They have a habit of warping. Pull it off and run it on some glass on some wet and dry to flatten it out 2 new gaskets and should be in business. Is it an early walbro or later zama?

Back