the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh thats a bit of a bummer, hope you can work something out. Keep an eye out for 3120 parts also, they do sometimes come up for half reasonable prices.

Neil and Will snap them all up...
I'm happy to put all new parts in. To me it's not that spendy considering they're a $2500 saw. I'm just happy the coil isn't wrecked otherwise I may have had to run a poofy US coil limited to 9,800rpm odd.

Bit hard with the front torn out of the tank :)

Oh and the starter cover smashed, both case halves busted, bent clutch drum etc etc.

Most would think the damage should buff out :)
Rattle gun on the flywheel will turn it over.
Along wit the hat that chippy is wearing to ur gtg but instead of beer have fuel in the cans. Run it too the saw and ya got ya self a long range fuel tank husky!![emoji106]

It's a Bosch part according to it's markings. Will call them tomorrow. If the part is no longer available I know I can make one...can't be that hard.

Bloody Wsnkers . You guys could at least taken the chain off first , im shore the noise and inertia of the crank would be more than enough for ol boby to handle.

Thats no good mate, it will affect the balance of the saw, he needs the bar and chain to hold down the nose of the saw. But thats a good point, much safer for all concerned and the end result will be exactly the same.
Good thinking.

edit... hang on, just found evidence bob has won a hotsaw race.

mcbob
Post subject: Re: Creating Mac-West
Posted: Aug 10th, '08, 06:59
icon_user_online.gif

Collector Forum's Finest
file.php

RandyMac wrote:
Oh boy, kinda like waiting for Christmas, can't wait for you to open her up.

Well Randy thats already been done as i won the open hotsaw at Kendall earlier this year with it
and it's awesome but was badly balanced in the old Root frame so hense the transplant the saw is now ready for it's new paint job and crank swap so this coming week should be busy getting all ready for our nationals in November.

We have not run this saw at full revs yet and it needs a better matched chain but thats that will be taken care of i assure you.

Mc Bob.

Thats why you should own a Mac first.
McBob .. 1949 and still kicking.

explain that one bobby please.

Back