the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still a day or two to go on the Skidder seems to be never ending!.....What a big job my god am over wrestling with new hydraulic lines that don't want to bend around corners! haha....
Has been a busy week been running around like a blue ass fly... We have an order for about 500 end plated and drilled NSW sleepers to do (on a good day if nothing breaks down we can put out about 220 sleepers) and on top of that OLD wants about 40 thousand sleepers we will give that a nudge and do as many as we can....

11.JPG 22.JPG 33.JPG

Still a day or two to go on the Skidder seems to be never ending!.....What a big job my god am over wrestling with new hydraulic lines that don't want to bend around corners! haha....
Has been a busy week been running around like a blue ass fly... We have an order for about 500 end plated and drilled NSW sleepers to do (on a good day if nothing breaks down we can put out about 220 sleepers) and on top of that OLD wants about 40 thousand sleepers we will give that a nudge and do as many as we can....

View attachment 424769 View attachment 424770 View attachment 424771

when it done um can i borrow that skidder i's got an idea for a cash withdrawal

maxresdefault.jpg images (4).jpg 517a9ad95c66d.image.jpg

Thanks guys its a sweet machine for age its a 93 model, I think John Deere own TimberJack nowadays?...Its a big ass Skidder but the bigger the better in Aussie hardwood weighs about 17 ton....
I've had the front wheels 8ft of the ground many times trying to pull some heavy big ass Aussie hardwood log haha...
The yanks don't have a clue what Aussie hardwood is or weighs that forest red gum log in my avatar I was in the Skidder trying to pull it and my old man was in the dozer pushing (Komatsu D65 E8) we didn't get it far was no way we could get it back to the dump we ended up cutting it in half! to the old man that's not even a big log he even cut it down with a 25in bar that's enough to send the yanks into a short bar killing frenzy!.....But yeah apparently white oak is the equivalent of our black cypress? WTF that's not hardwood! haha.....

What you got on hand Matt? What other brands are decent?

On another note anyone watching struggle street fuk me!!!

No bloody email updates again :( I can get you Carlton if interested? It's a pretty decent chain and wears well in my book. I do like Stihl chain myself but they are pricing themselves out of the market.

Neil are you refering to the flexible rubber type couplings,check your local bearing/engineering supply outlet,even a irrigation /pump shop should have them
may not be the same brand but should be able to match one up
Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Neil are you refering to the flexible rubber type couplings,check your local bearing/engineering supply outlet,even a irrigation /pump shop should have them
may not be the same brand but should be able to match one up
Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Chris, I never gave the bearing centre a thought, I was looking in the wrong place for an out let. The coupling is actually a Centaflex coupling (made in Germany) not Simplaflex, so if i look again I may just find some distributers here.
I ordered one from Sawmills NZ on Thursday and they sent it Friday (air) so I should have the machine going again by Wednesday I hope.
Landed at my home for just under $300.00, 1/3 being freight.

Bob is still here in spirit. I think of him daily...

Well said Matt, when bobby reads your post today he will be so happy to be remembered he may even start up a new thread on another forum in your honour.

Well said Matt, when bobby reads your post today he will be so happy to be remembered he may even start up a new thread on another forum in your honour.

Actually he'll probably start up 38 threads exactly the same Neil. That's normally how he operates.

Thanks Chris, I never gave the bearing centre a thought, I was looking in the wrong place for an out let. The coupling is actually a Centaflex coupling (made in Germany) not Simplaflex, so if i look again I may just find some distributers here.
I ordered one from Sawmills NZ on Thursday and they sent it Friday (air) so I should have the machine going again by Wednesday I hope.
Landed at my home for just under $300.00, 1/3 being freight.

Neil, in Tamworth this morning and going to Bearfast, do you want me to ask ?

About to have brekky, and just for Matt, sipping on a piccolo latte [emoji3]

Neil, in Tamworth this morning and going to Bearfast, do you want me to ask ?

About to have brekky, and just for Matt, sipping on a piccolo latte [emoji3]

That would be great Rick, its a size 22 Centaflex coupling with 4 bolt holes each way (8 holes total), its about 6 inches across, rubber with metal incerts.

That would be great Rick, its a size 22 Centaflex coupling with 4 bolt holes each way (8 holes total), its about 6 inches across, rubber with metal incerts.
It should be a Centaflex-A ? (There's about ten different styles, A,B, C, etc) In size 22.

We couldn't find one on the shelf but they normally stock them, they had a few smaller ones and could have one by Tuesday.

A bucket load cheaper than getting it from NZ !

Latest posts

Back