the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoe linings are completely gone, they were not very thick, I am thinking if I have a spare 076 clutch to compare.

Thing is some 041/050/076 etc had shoes with lining others didn't so it may still be ok without, as long as the springs don't mind stretching a little more.

Some cool vids of the long since forgotten mighty 500cc two bangers good stuff never forget that sound!...

Would you be young enough to remember these?.....500cc of madness!... The 1974 Yamaha sc 500, no brakes, stuff all suspension and went like a horse with a rocket up its arse!... Once rated as the worst dirt bike ever built!.... AKA the Chain snapper.
One in this nik would probably pull 20k these days.
Yamaha sc 500.jpg

Would you be young enough to remember these?.....500cc of madness!... The 1974 Yamaha sc 500, no brakes, stuff all suspension and went like a horse with a rocket up its arse!... Once rated as the worst dirt bike ever built!.... AKA the Chain snapper.
View attachment 426236
No I was born in 73...What the hell is it? a MX/DT/YZ?? sc never heard of it? whatever it is looks sweet old school I like it!...A bit like the 82 Rm250 crazy power for its day and can still hold its own against modern two stroke 250's well straight line anyway not sure about airborne or around bends and would be a brave man to late brake on one ..

They were a moto X bike!... I also recall seeing them in yellow with a black strip, I believe they were developed from the DT360A.
Have you ever seen an original Yamaha MX 250 or a YZ 360? all very rare these days!
Oh yeah I kind of keep up with what was what with the old school mx bikes I like the VMX mags lots of good reading.. Used to go stay at a mate's on weekend when I was in high school he had an old cr125 Elsinore and kx125 of about the same year we cane the crap out of the them bikes! even back then I used to think these are old maybe we should take better care of them haha...I ended up getting an old 1980 RM400 and racing dirt track for a few years ,was a good feeling pulling up next to a 250 down the straight and just rolling the throttle on some more on the 400 and saying cya! but a good rider on a 125 could smoke us all haha... Good times back then my dream bike was a RM465....

View attachment 426236

I can remember them, before the YZ series, I was way too young to ride one of them. I owned a YZ 250 in the early 80's built in the 70's, it had balls and my mate had a RM 400 same age, that thing had much bigger balls and could throw you over the handle bars trying to start it.
We often see a vintage moto x bike collector at the shows, he has a nice collection of early RM's from 80cc up, he would give his left nut for that bike in that condition.

Skidder is done I've enjoyed working on it even the old man is impressed, was a big job worth it in the end this machine is ready for work!...

View attachment 426226 View attachment 426227

View attachment 426228

A very nice job, it should sell itself now. Nice to see the'' blacksnake'' hanging off the back, these days ropes on winches have long gone, some new breed skidder guys have never pulled a rope on a drum and have no idea how to run it on straight, years ago before grapples they got off and pulled rope all day every day and were fit and strong like log cutters.

041g clutch shoe part number 1110 160 1500.
Ebay is your friend!;)
View attachment 426232

eBay is the devil!!! If it wasn't around I would be a millionaire! Specially when the other half checks PayPal history and you've spent thousands lol I've messaged customchainsawparts on eBay to see what parts he has but shipping is a killer.

Back