the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a good deal. I can't buy the cheapest bar oil around for anywhere near that. Somebody liked you :)
I can often get gulf western bar oil at superautocheapmanpro on sale $20 for 4l.

I'm not convinced it's cheaper, it's really hard to tell, but I believe I get better chain/bar life with the stihl stuff.
A bar only has to last an extra few months and the price of bar oil doesn't matter a lot.
But it only takes a nubbin to spend a day wondering why he doesn't have to put any more than a teaspoon in the oil tank when he runs out of fuel and at the end of the day I've got a half knackered bar and 6 half knackered chains waiting for me when I get back to the shed.
That sort of stuff makes it hard to work out what is actually making a difference when I try something new, but I think I have a combo now that works even with saws that employees use - doesn't seem to matter in my own.

I can often get gulf western bar oil at superautocheapmanpro on sale $20 for 4l.

I'm not convinced it's cheaper, it's really hard to tell, but I believe I get better chain/bar life with the stihl stuff.
A bar only has to last an extra few months and the price of bar oil doesn't matter a lot.
But it only takes a nubbin to spend a day wondering why he doesn't have to put any more than a teaspoon in the oil tank when he runs out of fuel and at the end of the day I've got a half knackered bar and 6 half knackered chains waiting for me when I get back to the shed.
That sort of stuff makes it hard to work out what is actually making a difference when I try something new, but I think I have a combo now that works even with saws that employees use - doesn't seem to matter in my own.

Gulf Western at $20 for 4L is still twice the price of what Scallywag paid. I can do 20L of bar oil out of my shed at $75 currently but can't get it delivered for that.
Numpties on chainsaws does seem to be a regular occurrence. Some of these guys are costing their employer thousands of dollars a year in wrecked gear. When you own it yourself you generally take care of it.

First you piss off the cat lover, now this.
I dunno matty.

On a side note - any chance you have access to archer products? Namely sprockets. Distributed by PMD international here in Aus.
i think i can take some credit for the cat one and yes i agree ,this sit is rooted ,i got 40 odd pages to catch up on

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Gulf Western at $20 for 4L is still twice the price of what Scallywag paid. I can do 20L of bar oil out of my shed at $75 currently but can't get it delivered for that.
Numpties on chainsaws does seem to be a regular occurrence. Some of these guys are costing their employer thousands of dollars a year in wrecked gear. When you own it yourself you generally take care of it.
Reading fail, rather than maths fail.
While both are likely, this time I just read 20l instead of 40....

Just spent the morning trimming my 15m long by 3.5m high pittosporum packed everything away sat down for a coffee and glance over to see I missed A spot...... Fk sake I ain't dragging all my sht out again.....if anyone asks I ran outta fuel and lost my shears

If it's anything like last week you could find a broken man curled up in a swag on your back lawn by Friday.
Just don't mention coloured sheep, nitrate poisoning, carcinogenic glyphosate or hobby farmers and he should be harmless.

Hah hah! Those weeks suck! Oh and I don't have a back lawn, well any lawn at all actually. I can put down some artificial turf down if that suits?

I went to a chinese joint the other day and they served "Dunhill smoked duck". Well it tasted exactly like the ashtray would after a few Dunhill joints... I should have guessed with a name like that. Yuck. Waved the chicky over and said "this duck is not edible, look its black and tastes burnt". To which see replied "I don't eat duck so I wouldn't know". Ahh well safe to say not going back there again
Well,,,,, I think that depends, like for instance,
-- who done the porting ????
-- bla bla bla
--then of coarse there's the ''expert'' porters who can do wonders to their toy then proudly display it on a shelf and tell everyone just how good it goes, or perhaps take a few snap's all shiny and such.

--also the '' average jo'' porter, he just has a little fiddle here and there and is happy if it showed any sign of improvement.

yawn, I once saw a chap who had a deg wheel, wasn't he the goods, not sure he knew where to put it but he sounded like he knew...
Well,,,,, I think that depends, like for instance,
-- who done the porting ????
-- bla bla bla.

--then of coarse there's the ''expert'' porters who can do wonders to their toy then proudly display it on a shelf and tell everyone just how good it goes, or perhaps take a few snap's all shiny and such.

--also the '' average jo'' porter, he just has a little fiddle here and there and is happy if it showed any sign of improvement.

yawn, I once saw a chap who had a deg wheel, wasn't he the goods, not sure he knew where to put it but he sounded like he knew...
im not sure what I might come under, but shiny sounds good!
I ground my last 3120 that much, I'm pretty sure it's now a 395, dunno if it made any performance difference , but it sure made it easier on my back!!;)

im not sure what I might come under, but shiny sounds good!
I ground my last 3120 that much, I'm pretty sure it's now a 395, dunno if it made any performance difference , but it sure made it easier on my back!!;)

A past member who got banned was boring and stroking 3120's out to 200cc and hanging a 45mm DCOE Weber off the side for around 85HP. Just a street cam too, not full race.

I thought he converted it to a rotary 2 stroke with turbo charger and Mickey Darbs.

Crikeys that's impressive

A past member who got banned was boring and stroking 3120's out to 200cc and hanging a 45mm DCOE Weber off the side for around 85HP. Just a street cam too, not full race.

You can't talk about him Matt, he's the Secret Squirrel, no one knows for sure how much he actually knows or has done.

What's the best deal going on Stihl HP Ultra....5 Ltrs. ....or I'd buy 1 Ltrs but they're a bit pricey when compared.

Also the new synthetic bar oil...20 Ltrs. .....Matt, you should buy some.....instant street cred

Latest posts

Back