the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great stuff Stihlman. Good to see the old brands like RCBS, Nosler, Speer and Lee still going. My dad use to reload, I still have some of his relaoding manuals from the late 60's, early 70's

It was set up by previous owner who was a pro pest shooter so I not fiddled with forend yet. I have been stringing shots this weekend with 3 different pills 3 different case bands and 3 loads 24, 25 and 26 grains. Its was a try it and see job.

this was only at 75 yards as my little shooting range is now a muddy bog hole, all aimed at the centre x they 1st dropped low then climbed as I guess the barrel warmed up. My last shoot grouped much tighter no string with winny bulk box rounds so I'm puttin this down to my newbie reload skills, what say ye.

attachment.php

I'd say if you can sort out that barrel pressure you'll have a pretty accurate setup there mate. Very little horizontal spread at all which would suggest your loads are fine and that barrel pressure is the issue in your case :)

Maybe take her out for a nice meal, a bit of Barry White going on the wireless, some red wine and candles. You'll get her in bed soon mate, don't be so hard on yourself. We all go through droughts from time to time ;)

Had a wacker ring my fone today........thought nah, the Reject shop catalogue was more interesting! :msp_scared:

I'll return your call tomorrow big fella!

Had a wacker ring my fone today........thought nah, the Reject shop catalogue was more interesting! :msp_scared:

I'll return your call tomorrow big fella!

Hah hah. Not a biggy mate. I had a bit of a drive and wondered who I could annoy. I thought you may have been hanging off a 40' antenna in a blizzard by your left nut when it dawned on me I may be able to help...

What's the year and model code ?

(I have a few Billie catalogues)

[edit]
Sheesh, Bilstein have changed their part numbers.

The current D40 model numbers are

Front # 24-140874
Rear # 24-144384

and I can tell you now they won't cross with the US Bilstein numbers (which is what I was trying to do)

2nd edit.

From another (Aussie) catalogue I have

Front # BE5-D626
Rear # B46 0424D40 (raised suspension, B46-0258D40)
I suspect the valving on these may be specials for Australia.

I also forgot, The Ultimate Suspension in Sydney build their own shocks, (they used to use de-Carbon) have had their own dyno for years, etc.

Give them a call too, they've always had a very good reputation.

Last edited:
The current D40 model numbers are

Front # 24-140874
Rear # 24-144384

and I can tell you now they won't cross with the US Bilstein numbers (which is what I was trying to do)

Dammit that's what I was trying to do as well :( It's a 2008 model D40 dual cab.

tonights weather,,,, the man said tonight , very bad weather and high winds from the south, snow and bloody cold tomorrow.....
Incorrect,, its already here, the wind is howling and is now clear and is getting cold quick, tomorrow will be interesting, i think the snow is comeing

tonights weather,,,, the man said tonight , very bad weather and high winds from the south, snow and bloody cold tomorrow.....
Incorrect,, its already here, the wind is howling and is now clear and is getting cold quick, tomorrow will be interesting, i think the snow is comeing

You could of kept it down your way! damn temp is dropping quick up my way, there beta not be a frost outside in the morning:mad:

tho if there is I won't be getting out of bed till its gone :hmm3grin2orange:

Cheers
Will

Dammit that's what I was trying to do as well :( It's a 2008 model D40 dual cab.

I had a recall on my D40 wheels - apparently they can crack and fall off... So i got some shiny new ones for free :biggrin:

But, then a few days ago I found a handful of wheel balancing weights in my driveway - seems like they all fell off :msp_ohmy:

So that's the reason we always took both when steer marking ?

Stops the poor little beggars walking round in circles in the yard and paddock :D

Thats correct Rick and very few people realise that this is what causes crop circles. If Al lost his lefty he'd be forever going around roundabouts into traffic...

I had a recall on my D40 wheels - apparently they can crack and fall off... So i got some shiny new ones for free :biggrin:

But, then a few days ago I found a handful of wheel balancing weights in my driveway - seems like they all fell off :msp_ohmy:

Lucky for me I went the poverty pack RX with the steel wheels :) Wheels are highly overrated anyway mate.

Yee hah, we have heat again !

The Chinaman's Hat (Hmm, I'm guessing that probably isn't very PC these days and I've probably broken some bloody law typing that ??) was choked up internally with tar, and the box above the firebox was chock a block to the flue full of ash.
That took some cleaning, as the only access is via the 6" hole for the flue, so the flue had to come out and I found the best spade/scraper to get in under the internal convection tubes was a raker file.

The spot welds on back draft stopper and chinamans hat were all letting go too, so I pop riveted it back together.
I only had monel rivets, they'll have to do.

Got the Panasonic drill back yesterday too, so it was press ganged into use.
The motor had gone.
One of the young techs was surprised when I said it was an almost inaudible 'pop' followed by the tiniest wisp of smoke.

So, in between sleet and showers we aren't freezing our bums off tonight :msp_w00t:

we got 125mm in 36hrs Friday/Saturday. Been on and off all last few weeks. old change today, so much so that on the drive home the Landy only reached 85*c towing 1.8t and that was a 45min-1hr run with 1/2 Hwy 1/2 city driving.

Back