the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres Mum and Bub my pair of 090's at long last getting there end of next week should have all the bits here and accounted for dont forget both saws are brand new
070's with 090 big bore kits

DSCF0001-2.jpg

Last edited:
Well our wages and conditions in our work places sort of bother us now and the strong Aussie dollar is killing the homegrown stuff and we worry about the chinese getting the work wait till India comes on line.

McBob.

GB have been in trouble well before the dollar or even wages were an issue. There was a pretty sizeable and costly court case that didn't help them at all.

so matt hows bub & mum going

All going well mate. She's a pretty good kidlet. I've only been chundered on twice and that was because I let her guts her bottle without burping her enough. Well that's my analysis anyway :)
Worst part is that coming up to June 30 we're flat out at work with people stocking up in the 2011/2012 financial year due to tax reasons. I reckon I've had about $10 million worth of quotes over my desk in the last 10 days. Crazy stuff and way more than the last few years...

was cutting a big old red gum today, it was leaning one way and wanted it go the other way, it was about 4 1/2 foot thick,
cut a big scarf out with 090 then a big angle cut from the other side to get it to go, but would not go, roped it back to anther tree,
then weged it, still no go, so got the 066 out to put two small cuts in the hinge, the 066 got stuck on the last cut and the tree moved a bit so ran back to the ute to get a spanna to take the powerhead off and.......... crack :msp_ohmy: goodbuy 066,
attachment.php

attachment.php

ohhhhh dear, no good at all, saws can be replaced but the operator can not, i've lost 5 mates who were professional log fallers in my career so please be carefull.
cheer up big fella, you may just get a couple of cheap 090's soon.

So call my Insurance bloke, (Elders) he email the forms to right then, I whent home and took photos and filled out the form, had to take the saw down to the Stihl dealer so he could do a report on it and quote for new one, emailed all the stuff back to the Elders bloke, he called me and should be no probs, he is a top bloke to deal with, so back the dealer and walked out with a new 660:msp_tongue::eek:uttahere2:::eek:uttahere2:
attachment.php

I am glad your insurance looked after you, can't beat a new saw :msp_thumbup:

Are you going to rebuild the old 660?

I am glad your insurance looked after you, can't beat a new saw :msp_thumbup:

Are you going to rebuild the old 660?

I will not get the 066 back untill Elders send a letter to the dealer telling him to get rid of it, ( this is just somthing Elders do)
could just pick it up anytime I wish but will leave it there untill he gets the letter in case sameone from Elders calls in,
so will deside what to do with it when I get it back,

Ouch

As we say in the 4wd circles......That will buff out :msp_biggrin:

At least you were not hurt, and the insurance came through for you. Could be a lot worse.

Regards
Graham

I was racing in Mount Larcom Qld in the show there over this past weekend, they had a sleeper cutter demo on there, I have seen these rigs around the ridges a time or two but haven't seen one in use yet. This rig has a 202 holden in it and sounds sweet and ol mate did a fine job of using it, even had a set of headlights on it!

[video=youtube;EXUfBlnrQfA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXUfBlnrQfA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I was racing in Mount Larcom Qld in the show there over this past weekend, they had a sleeper cutter demo on there, I have seen these rigs around the ridges a time or two but haven't seen one in use yet. This rig has a 202 holden in it and sounds sweet and ol mate did a fine job of using it, even had a set of headlights on it!

They were very dangerous when they jammed and well known for it. They would leap at the rear catching the operator out. A couple of fella's down here used to run one till they purchased a Lucas mill.

ohhhhh dear, no good at all, saws can be replaced but the operator can not, i've lost 5 mates who were professional log fallers in my career so please be carefull.
cheer up big fella, you may just get a couple of cheap 090's soon.

oh Neil, cheap couple of 090's:confused: you having a clearing sale or what:msp_unsure:
or are you thinking McBob is going into biz with his rice burning oh90's:msp_scared:

oh Neil, cheap couple of 090's:confused: you having a clearing sale or what:msp_unsure:
or are you thinking McBob is going into biz with his rice burning oh90's:msp_scared:

no i was thinking when old bob tries to start one and tears his arm off, then does his back in trying to use it, he may just say who wants them...

They were very dangerous when they jammed and well known for it. They would leap at the rear catching the operator out. A couple of fella's down here used to run one till they purchased a Lucas mill.
Dangerous? yup, noticed that, oh&s would have a field day with one of those contraptions, but in the right hands they could certainly cut a heap of sleepers in a day

[video=youtube;EXUfBlnrQfA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXUfBlnrQfA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Thats a big buss saw Will, usualy the ones i saw only ran vw motors with get-rack power take off to drive round a 40 inch skip tooth blade.
I break down a few logs for our old racing life member (mr bill boyd ) now and then with his swing saw and it runs a big saw (48inch skip tungston), when ever he wants some timber for his farm and you can guess who saws the logs up on his old breast bench. I should get him to video breaking down a log or two, its something not seen much these days.

They were very dangerous when they jammed and well known for it. They would leap at the rear catching the operator out.
Your right about that, all the men i grew up with who used them were very strong and knew what to do and what not to do.

Dangerous? yup, noticed that, oh&s would have a field day with one of those contraptions, but in the right hands they could certainly cut a heap of sleepers in a day

Yeah it certainly moved through the log quick smart. You would need nice even flat ground pushing that 202 around even though he looks to be doing ok with it.

Latest posts

Back