the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got this electronic bird deterrent to fit next week will see how good it works, oh i got for nothing on sorta loan from a good chap at rentokil

https://bird-x.com/bird-products/electronic/ultrasonic/

View attachment 685052

I've tried these with mixed success.

On their own they haven't worked, but with nest removal they have sort of worked, they haven't come back into the same area....starlings are the main problem.

Best results were shooting them.....nothing works as well as that. Just use appropriate shot so you don't end up with a very leaky roof.

Poisoning takes too long, is management intensive and not really humane IMHO.

was a favourite for us kids growing up to shoot the starlings of the gutter with our BB and Sluggy's from Kmart, no birds or cats were safe when we got a new pack of pellets lol
Same here. Until the neighbour noticed me shooting a seagull on the ridge of the roof and it took off and made a very noisy, rapidly descending circle into the neighbours back lawn and flayed around for about 10 minutes until I could get another few shots into it. Made a bloody mess too. Got the jug cord from dad for that when he got home.

new barrel and the swapped out scope recticle is all great I ran it in last weekend very happy plonked in 5 super centers at 600 yards

The barrel run in was tad tedious,,, shoot deep clean repeat several times... but i was happy to follow the gun smiths instructions show and tell even using his 45.5 g of 2208 which i thought was a tad big for the rig but they flew well..

thumbnail_IMG_20181117_120221.jpg

was a favourite for us kids growing up to shoot the starlings of the gutter with our BB and Sluggy's from Kmart, no birds or cats were safe when we got a new pack of pellets lol

My brother and I shot out every glass isolator on the powerlines within a 100mtrs of our house..
Neighbour across the road used to call the coppers every time he heard gun shots, but not once did they come to our place, always tore past at high speed and head up past our place...must have been a known crim living up there somewhere

We had a Crossman pump action...with a.built in MAG to take the BBs.

Itd take 40 pumps, mounted a scope on it and I could hit the bolt heads on the swings in the front yard at 60 yards

AirBnB not done this before but as going to Darwin i looked up and found a few digs that got me interested to sign on.
Its a bit tricky 1st time searching and booking but i got a bay views apartment all the foxtell wifi car park etc & balcony for wife to smoke on $100 a nite,,, we'll see how it goes.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/s/Darwin--Australia

Im up a tree hacking off limbs & mention to me groundie that the crap house next doors a feral dump...What youse calling a dump! i get yelled back at by a hairy unhappy chappy,,,, ops sorry mate,, i was er well um just aww mate never mind

WFT do you buggers pay hundreds of $ less for the same model fish finder/chart plotter than what retailers expect here in NZ. It's a conspiracy! Rip the kiwis off. Stuff the warranty, I'm buying one from Aus. The Kiwi retailers can kiss my arse.

saw something i not seen before at gun club chap shoots 500 yards but i spy a small puff blur about 100 yard out and the sonic bang is different?? and then no score on the electronics... some discussion about was that a bullet in flight detonating 2 shots later we all watching saw the quick little puff and different sonic crack . WTF powder weight you loading bloke 47g 2208 in 1.8 twist 308 155 palma pills

Latest posts

Back