the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah no worries. That’s a very sad story, it’s cruel to see hard working people be struck down by something so harsh [emoji30]

Hey all you Aussie guys & girls. I was just wondering if there is any good forums or online marketplace to buy chainsaws & firewood related equipment in Australia. I don’t have Facebook but it seems a lot of stuff is being sold via Facebook these days. Maybe I need to sign up [emoji51]

Hey all you Aussie guys & girls. I was just wondering if there is any good forums or online marketplace to buy chainsaws & firewood related equipment in Australia. I don’t have Facebook but it seems a lot of stuff is being sold via Facebook these days. Maybe I need to sign up [emoji51]
I would be very careful buying things on Face book , chainsaw forums are a good place to start and get to know people first , if you want any more info , please in box me
Regards Peter

yeah i not bought of Face (fake) book nor looked at the adverts,, i reckon could be tad dodgy your likely to end up with a seized saw a lady boy or tuff ruff Russian wife... i used gum tree ebay generally the seller & buyers can be vetted for bona fide

Only bought one thing on marketplace. Was a Makita drill set, brand new and really cheap. Got them to show the receipt, i checked with the store who tracked down the sale and noticed it was an account holder. He was selling it less than he bought it for a week earlier. Turns out was desperate for cash to pay his subbies after someone hadn't paid him so he was racking up purchases on all his trade accounts and selling the stuff off to get cash to buy himself some time. Hell of a way to raise $ and very expensive for him but it checked out as legit. Was so cheap I almost felt a bit guilty.

spent the afternoon messing around with ropes and climbing up the Jackeranda tree.
Started out with basic blakes hitches and loops for feet to climb a larger rope the other day, today I got out part of a shoulder harness, and turned it into a bum harness for the girls to climb.
put a length of rope with a loop for the foot with an ascender for them to get the idea of stepping up, then moving the blakes up the line as well.
We didnt have much rope, but made do with what we had, and both girls got to slowly climb up and then take out the ascender, and use the blakes to descend slowly to the ground.
They loved messing around with carabiners and using the lock on them.

now that would have been a blarst. me i read a book and had a dam big cup of coffee well the girls and new bub sleeped.

Yeah, was lots of fun, made better by it not being 8 deg outside at the time :)
So new bub eh, Congratulations, no wonder you needed a coffee and hit a book whilst they slept, can imagine the dog house you would be in if you tried to take a few more ferals from the back porch whilst they all slept :)
hehe

Blam Blam............yeah, got it.............in the background WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, oops just woke the sleeping baby and wife.

Friendly word of advice, dont do it, dont ask me how I know. :)

T

Yeah, was lots of fun, made better by it not being 8 deg outside at the time :)
So new bub eh, Congratulations, no wonder you needed a coffee and hit a book whilst they slept, can imagine the dog house you would be in if you tried to take a few more ferals from the back porch whilst they all slept :)
hehe

Blam Blam............yeah, got it.............in the background WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, oops just woke the sleeping baby and wife.

Friendly word of advice, dont do it, dont ask me how I know. :)

T
HarrrrHarrr now thats funny i dont think i will do that the wife will bash me.

Been ironed out for the last month with coughs, head colds, aches and pains all over, back hurts from being in bed for days on end, not helped by thinking I could move some rounds onto the splitter when helping a mate get some wood done a while back :( .
So much for getting a wood run done.

Been ironed out for the last month with coughs, head colds, aches and pains all over, back hurts from being in bed for days on end, not helped by thinking I could move some rounds onto the splitter when helping a mate get some wood done a while back :( .
So much for getting a wood run done.
bugger that just sux.

Back