the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah little bugger so much for my efforts to strike peace deal

magpie one,, me zero,,, well any chance of a swooping truce has been set back a long long ways.. today i was delivering peace offerings of bread bacon when attacked from behind.
a direct beak hit to ear lobe its still zinging..

View attachment 859141
Dam things im glad ours do not swoop here in Tas when i lived in QLD one bugger got me good lots of blood coming out the top of me head. I feel your pane.

:) thats a big stubby holder

I thought it was an ice bucket. :D

2stroke is more the Champagne type whilst mowing :barbecue::laughing::drinking::surprised3:

put new blades on mine, need to replace the 2 drive belts sometime soon, one belt is slipping when mid speed is selected, but ok in crawl and gallop.
I think I got ripped off, I paid $50 for mine 13hp 38" deck.
rebuilt the trans axle too, very easy thing to do, most of its bushes were well worn, replaced the axle seals too, and drilled out spots for grease nipples in the top input shaft, front area of g box near dog clutch and the end of each axle, should last for ever now :)

Attachments

• axle1.jpg
    axle1.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 9
  • axle2.jpg
    axle2.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 9
  • axle3.jpg
    axle3.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 9
  • axle4.jpg
    axle4.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 11
I thought it was an ice bucket. :D

2stroke is more the Champagne type whilst mowing :barbecue::laughing::drinking::surprised3:

put new blades on mine, need to replace the 2 drive belts sometime soon, one belt is slipping when mid speed is selected, but ok in crawl and gallop.
I think I got ripped off, I paid $50 for mine 13hp 38" deck.
rebuilt the trans axle too, very easy thing to do, most of its bushes were well worn, replaced the axle seals too, and drilled out spots for grease nipples in the top input shaft, front area of g box near dog clutch and the end of each axle, should last for ever now :)
Now thats good thinking i may do that if i need to or when i rebuild it.

I'm going to fix the deck of the ride on cut rust out weld in new steel and was wondering what to paint it out with inside and out once I'm done.

I'm going to fix the deck of the ride on cut rust out weld in new steel and was wondering what to paint it out with inside and out once I'm done.

my mower deck gets such a hammering i dont bother too much about protective paint,, about once a year i give it a good wash degrease and will spray it multiple coats with any black rattle can.

A good can of zinc rust protector can cost $15+ buck so more often i find old spray paint cans at the tip in the used second oil section as paints are thrown out and a dozen cans find there way back home .

When mowing done i blow and clean deck of any grass left and spray it with cheapo brand WD type oil

my mower deck gets such a hammering i dont bother too much about protective paint,, about once a year i give it a good wash degrease and will spray it multiple coats with any black rattle can.

A good can of zinc rust protector can cost $15+ buck so more often i find old spray paint cans at the tip in the used second oil section as paints are thrown out and a dozen cans find there way back home .

When mowing done i blow and clean deck of any grass left and spray it with cheapo brand WD type oil

Thank you good advice ill folow suit as this thing gets a pounding also.

I’ve always wondered what a body deadener type spray would be like for a mover deck for protection. Never tried it myself but if car manufacturers use it under mudguards etc then surely it will help protect a mower deck. Just a thought.

I’ve always wondered what a body deadener type spray would be like for a mover deck for protection. Never tried it myself but if car manufacturers use it under mudguards etc then surely it will help protect a mower deck. Just a thought.
Yip good thinking its cheep. I might consider it when i redo the deck.

Brathurst tomoz suppose its sumthim to look forward to in lockdown melbounre metro and well yay going 2b showers rain so always adds some sliding shenanigans

I’m not too excited to watch copious amounts of ads with a small snippet of motor racing in between. I remember when Bathurst used to be a very enjoyable day even when watching from home. It used to be a day to gather a few mates around for a bbq and a few beers to watch the race. Not anymore, it seems quite boring these days [emoji30]

I’m not too excited to watch copious amounts of ads with a small snippet of motor racing in between. I remember when Bathurst used to be a very enjoyable day even when watching from home. It used to be a day to gather a few mates around for a bbq and a few beers to watch the race. Not anymore, it seems quite boring these days [emoji30]
Ive lost interest as well, the ads are crazy and the cars they don't even make any more.

I appreciate that there’s a whole lot of work put in to getting cars and teams ready for racing and the track volunteers do an amazing job to put on the show but it’s not the same as it used to be. The drivers still have a huge amount of talent to be able to do the job but it’s probably best to enjoy the show from the side of the track, tv has spoiled the entertainment in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back