the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah ha. The good old amateur expert. Maybe next time ask him what part of Tassie he logged in. Just lay the bait and he'll dig himself the hole :)

I could tell by the chainsaw he was using that he was no pro, anyway I just stood back and chuckled.
He wants me to help him drop a large Pine in the front yard, It's going to have to land on the road, It could be interesting ;)
This guy doesn't do a face cut... he just does two back cuts and pulls it down with rope :msp_confused:

I did go home and grab my ported 7900, the Echo CS 670 might be reliable but It's no speed demon, I let the so called aborist give it a run...that put a smile on his face :msp_biggrin:

Hiya Al! How are things going up in Beechworth?

Hi Rudi. Great mate. Tad cold atm but that's cool!

'Up there' You down south atm?

I've been working as far south as Woodspoint, A1 Mine, Kevington etc. I love it through the old gold mining areas. No TV or Mobile reception. Man does the bush telegraph work a treat through that area. Within 24 hrs between Woodspoint and Jamieson, everyone knew I was about doing NBN sat installs. Work couldn't get hold of me for a couple of days and wondered what had happened! :D The double swag arrives this week for me and Axel to stay in when I work down there. Look it up for those not familiar with the area. It's awesome. A good mate has full use of a cabin in Matlock which we frequent from time to time.

Reminds of the time the yarder operator borrowed the chainsaw to lower his TV unit for the 50" plazma. He told the missus and kids to go outside fora coupla minutes! Man did he used to beat the hell out of the front of that yarder when tugging downhill! :laugh:

Hi Rudi. Great mate. Tad cold atm but that's cool!

'Up there' You down south atm?

I've been working as far south as Woodspoint, A1 Mine, Kevington etc. I love it through the old gold mining areas. No TV or Mobile reception. Man does the bush telegraph work a treat through that area. Within 24 hrs between Woodspoint and Jamieson, everyone knew I was about doing NBN sat installs. Work couldn't get hold of me for a couple of days and wondered what had happened! :D The double swag arrives this week for me and Axel to stay in when I work down there. Look it up for those not familiar with the area. It's awesome. A good mate has full use of a cabin in Matlock which we frequent from time to time.

Yup it's a bit cool alright. I'm down in Vic atm, moved down here a little while ago. No work commitments so I'm enjoy my free time for a bit. May do some travelling.

Oh yeah that would have kept you busy. I have been wanting to see that part of the country, a mate was telling me about it this morning actually. Should go for a drive.

Yup it's a bit cool alright. I'm down in Vic atm, moved down here a little while ago. No work commitments so I'm enjoy my free time for a bit. May do some travelling.

Oh yeah that would have kept you busy. I have been wanting to see that part of the country, a mate was telling me about it this morning actually. Should go for a drive.

Go have a look mate you'll love it.

-2°C tonight here and already ice forming outside.
Yippee :)

Glad to hear you blokes are getting some good weather. We cannot slide little rocks across the dams YET.

edit,,, todays weather, heavy fog, no sun, heavy fog, um no actual rain, heavy fog, almost a nice day for up here and this time of year.

Maybe he is a logger? That sounds like standard practice :)

Oh,,,,,:potstir: that was very :msp_sneaky:

Last edited:
Morning morning all you lovely little boys and girls ..................... i'm back ............... must remember to be very very nice to gologit

Love and big big sloppy kisses

McBob.

At least i'm friendly to well almost everyone

Why? Breaking a good frost off the top in the morning is fun..... And it will be way warmer with 2 in it than any tent.

And just have baked beans and rum on the rocks for dinner..... Plenty of warm gases will be available, in fact you'll be unzipping the swag :laugh:

Al, That looks cosy.. good enough for budget accommodation.

Yeah Wayne for sure. I was tossing up between this or the Oztent RV3. I may get one of those yet.

Why? Breaking a good frost off the top in the morning is fun..... And it will be way warmer with 2 in it than any tent.

And just have baked beans and rum on the rocks for dinner..... Plenty of warm gases will be available, in fact you'll be unzipping the swag :laugh:

I got as accommodation for work. I take my dog most places while working but when I go south and need to stay I can't get accomm for Axel hence the swag. yeah I've got no probs staying in it in sub zero's as I've slept in the single down to -16 deg. While working may be a different story.

Hey Wayne, have you heard of the 'Aeropress' and 'Porlex' coffee press and grinder? These are what I use when travelling.

AeroPress

Porlex Australia

Yeah Wayne for sure. I was tossing up between this or the Oztent RV3. I may get one of those yet.

I got as accommodation for work. I take my dog most places while working but when I go south and need to stay I can't get accomm for Axel hence the swag. yeah I've got no probs staying in it in sub zero's as I've slept in the single down to -16 deg. While working may be a different story.

Hey Wayne, have you heard of the 'Aeropress' and 'Porlex' coffee press and grinder? These are what I use when travelling.

AeroPress

Porlex Australia

Hey that Aeropress looks interesting, I might try one.

Latest posts

Back