the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on whether opposition companies emerge. In all honesty Australia Post is so bloody dear because they have a monopoly.

You are right but I can't see it ever getting cheaper once you pull your socks up you don't push em back down again do you.

You are right but I can't see it ever getting cheaper once you pull your socks up you don't push em back down again do you.

You do when there is competition who is cheaper and you start losing business. It's a bit harder when you are talking Telstra or power companies as they own the infrastructure so savings from opposition companies are minimal, if any.
However with a postal service they can supply their own transport to shift mail around and aren't reliant on Australia Post's gear. Have you noticed how the government has always been behind competetion except when it would affect one of their own enterprises?

I'm picking up what your putting down so we will just have to see. A few months ago the act rego de regulated 3rd party car insurance Nrma had a monopoly on it every one had to use them and it was dear as poision now there's several company's to choose from price stayed much the same its varying by a couple of cents so it never came down as every one expected

I'm picking up what your putting down so we will just have to see. A few months ago the act rego de regulated 3rd party car insurance Nrma had a monopoly on it every one had to use them and it was dear as poision now there's several company's to choose from price stayed much the same its varying by a couple of cents so it never came down as every one expected

We won't see the low prices of the US but their postal service costs are way lower than ours due to competition. There is a LOT of fat in Australia Post and with competition they can afford to drop prices yet still remain profitable. Anywhere there is a monopoly (or duopoly like Coles and Woolies) the prices are driven up and stay up.

We won't see the low prices of the US but their postal service costs are way lower than ours due to competition. There is a LOT of fat in Australia Post and with competition they can afford to drop prices yet still remain profitable. Anywhere there is a monopoly (or duopoly like Coles and Woolies) the prices are driven up and stay up.

Yep! I'm getting the cover posted here from the US for $17 but I was posting to the US it would be at least $30.
BTW I shop at Foodland :) , I'm not supporting the duopoly

I try to do all my shopping in the bush or the garden fark em all

I have a old mine shaft as a bank , no bank accounts or plastic cards ... farm grown produce ,and a few local businesses where i spend cash only . i scratch your back you scratch mine deal , if i can't buy it local or drive to get it , then i don't need it

Back