the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys just put up a post in the GTG thread I notice that a few of you have been concerned by my absence. I have been unable to get online for a while now but the plans have been set in action and it is a go ahead. My apologies for not being able to get on here to let you all know but all is pretty much organised!

Contact me on 0438357307 if you need to.

Were you responsible Mac? Your a good man. I was thinking the same but considered it would be possibly short lived.

Yep, it was I... I gave a few days for RandyMac to sticky it, but he didn't, and this led me to do so, so I did. :cheers:

His credits are preoccupied with making sure another thread stays stickied.

Thank you for replying mate, and you too MCW.
I was lucky enough to see saw racing and woodchopping at camden show this year. What those guys do is incredable.
My thoughts are to look about and try and see some more shows which have saw racing.
One thing is for sure, my 090's will not cut as fast as those boys did at camden.
I will read up on the different threads and see if i can speed my favorite saw up a bit.
Where about in NSW mate ?

Apparently there are one or two 090's still racing, but they can't really compete against a good 088/880 or 3120 in the over 100cc class speed events or post rip, I'm guessing they just don't have the chain speed.

I'm sending you a PM ;)

Thank you for replying mate, and you too MCW.
I was lucky enough to see saw racing and woodchopping at camden show this year. What those guys do is incredable.
My thoughts are to look about and try and see some more shows which have saw racing.
One thing is for sure, my 090's will not cut as fast as those boys did at camden.
I will read up on the different threads and see if i can speed my favorite saw up a bit.

I've heard about the racing at Camden, I've been told those blokes are fast. (IIRC it's run under the McCarthur Chainsaw Racers Assoc ?)

BTW, I used to live about 10-15km downstream from there.

Pretty sure they were all running the Harrop rear end back then with CV's in the hubs ?

NASCAR used to just radius the axle splines lengthwise and do what you suggested.
Cheap and effective but I'm guessing would cost a bomb in shafts and hubs.

Before Lowndesy, Thomas Mezerra was their No.1 driver and in '93 he had a huge shunt at EC on the Friday as it was wet (it was the meeting I followed Lowndes)
The car was wheeled into the trasnporter that arvo and the next morning a magically straightened car was wheeled out, with the spare in the truck covered with a big sheet/tarp. :taped:

rules and regs definitly lead to some great thinking and ideas......but when are they going to bring these cars upto the tech of their road going siloutes...Id much rather see a race based production car class and I mean more race than just production class....maybe not quite DTM

well what a day at the zoo, spent the day getting most of the poles and balance beam logs into place which went pretty well just pushed them with a bobcat for the most part which went well. after lunch though things started going south, first the bobcat operator had to leave, then we had difficulties dragging logs into a pile with a chain, but the kicker was that when we went to load about 4 lighter logs onto my trailer i noticed that one of the bloody leaf packs had popped out of the slipper at the back and jammed into the spring behind it. only took an hour to fix but was a pain in the ass none the less. ill get some pics on friday once the concrete has set and all the braces are out of the way. and for those wondering all the logs we are using are sugar gum

well i never thought id see the day that a goverment dept removed a fee but its happened, there is now no permit required to collect firewood from state forests in vic

well i never thought id see the day that a goverment dept removed a fee but its happened, there is now no permit required to collect firewood from state forests in vic

Oh well it's a start as little as it is, but what would be more appropriate is open up more area's to cut. I popped into a firewood coupe today to have a look and at least the applebox is gone and all avail wood is now peppermint. Trouble is it's all lying in mud and covered half way up the log with mud splash from the rains. If they want to stop people from cutting illegally, they need to get more serious.

yippy lots of fire wood collection areas up here . by the way the 260 goes like a cut cat after a muffmod & 19 tanks of juice lots of worry over nutin happy as , how did you bloke's do the likes on the box coments oops bottom right hand corner rite

Last edited:
That's good to know. I made an inquiry at my regional Queensland council about firewood permits and they gave me a long spiel about the dangers of collecting firewood, etc, etc... thank you very much OH&S.

so was it a definate no,or no not unless you have a chainsaw ticket and all the ppe +permit bla bla bla :laugh:

so was it a definate no,or no not unless you have a chainsaw ticket and all the ppe +permit bla bla bla :laugh:

They said it would not be encouraged and that a permit would not be issued for collecting firewood. Not sure if any other areas around here would allow for a permit...

Have you heard of any firewood permits available in queensland?

They said it would not be encouraged and that a permit would not be issued for collecting firewood. Not sure if any other areas around here would allow for a permit...

Have you heard of any firewood permits available in queensland?

no ,but you need one for just about everything these days,i usually pick my times and have a good bullschit excuse handy when i drive around in the state forest:D

Back