the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1895.jpg

this sort a stupidness

Mann that rig is bangin!!

How's things Wes?
I've got solids and coils front and back in the Patrol.
I had thoughts of converting a Patrol wagon to a dual cab but fuel prices are just getting ridiculous over here.

Other than missing my Jeep? And mah dawg.

I am heading back this Friday to see my aunt. She's not well. I'll spend some time with her in Malibu, and then head out to Tulsa, Oklahoma to work with an old partner of mine. Wish me luck.

What's news over yonder?

if they wont a car why don't they buy a car with tyers like that what a great ride not

I could just emagine how long before a nice dent in one of those rims happens. We have lots of big round or jagard rocks every where up here and one cannot miss them all. Shooters come up from the coast with their new utes and usualy go home with a flat tyre, at least 1 dent of sorts,something bent underneith or a guard compleatly gone. BUT THEY HAD A LOT OF FUN.

Funny thing about jacked up 4x4's with big wide shiney wheels, i see most have P plates on them.

Yeah I forgot, I've only ever driven on flat roads. My bad :) I agree though mate. Biggest issue I've seen is the shift to a lot of alloy underneath which is easy to smash on rocks etc leaving an ugly oil trail. Departure angles aren't too bad in the new 4WD utes as they have the power to launch themselves out of creekbeds etc like a rocket, negating the chance of getting hung up :D You only have to get to tricky areas to get your firewood Al so the local authorities can't find you poaching wood ;)

Also pays to compare stock to stock though and the older stock utes aren't that much better off road than the new stock utes, just tougher and more easily modified. In fact my work Ford Ranger will give the older model Hilux's a belting off road in any situation. Way more traction.

Another thing you see a lot is jacked up vehicles with people still forgetting the diff housings are the lowest point. They somehow think it means they can go through wheel ruts better but don't realise that it's not the reason you jack up vehicles. 90% of people jack up vehicles to look cool driving around in the city.

I've driven various brands and models during my stint logging and they had no where near the approach and departure angles and absolutely no where near the articulation ability. Nothing against these vehicles as they fit the bill for 90-95% of what most will use them for.

Mann that rig is bangin!!

If it didn't have those silly wheels on it Rudy!

if they wont a car why don't they buy a car with tyers like that what a great ride not

Daz can you encrypt this mate? :hmm3grin2orange:

Other than missing my Jeep? And mah dawg.

I am heading back this Friday to see my aunt. She's not well. I'll spend some time with her in Malibu, and then head out to Tulsa, Oklahoma to work with an old partner of mine. Wish me luck.

What's news over yonder?

So finished up over England way?

Not much different atm. Still too quiet. Write this year off.

I'll start to get the camper ready to run into the Buckland Valley in a few weeks.

Yeah best of luck with it Wes.

A big thanks to Neil and the Northern New South Wales Chainsaw Association for the great race day they had put on over the weekend at the Walcha Timber Expo. Top wood in all events with some great racing to be in, the video judge was called in on numerous occasions to decide the winner. Great venue with some good sized crowds watching the events.

We will be coming back the next time it is held :D

Cheers
Will

A big thanks to Neil and the Northern New South Wales Chainsaw Association for the great race day they had put on over the weekend at the Walcha Timber Expo. Top wood in all events with some great racing to be in, the video judge was called in on numerous occasions to decide the winner. Great venue with some good sized crowds watching the events.

We will be coming back the next time it is held :D

Cheers
Will

Well thankyou will for those words, It was a good days racing and i enjoyed the qld company for the day.
Dean was the main organizer and i simply backed him up where needed and he deserves most of the credit.

Once again the competitors did not dissapoint with fast sawing through all the classes especialy the unlimited classes, and as for the post rips,,,,, i enjoyed each race.

Well thankyou will for those words, It was a good days racing and i enjoyed the qld company for the day.
Dean was the main organizer and i simply backed him up where needed and he deserves most of the credit.

Once again the competitors did not dissapoint with fast sawing through all the classes especialy the unlimited classes, and as for the post rips,,,,, i enjoyed each race.

Rips, well, erm, hahahahahaha, ya I "enjoyed" them too, that first billet I had sure knocked the stuffing out of me:frown:, but from there on it was all good, and yes, a big cheer for Dean for all the work, putting a race together these days is not an easy task at all, months of prep go into them.

Will.

BTW Neil, I picked up them Johnny parts today, it has some nice goodies in the box and the two replacement roller tips are NOS and in excellent condition.

Latest posts

Back