the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah the life of a pensioner lay in bed till the bladder cant wait any longer, no screaming yelling boss trying to ruin your day because he missed out on getting a bit last night.

Gee I find the lifestyle near impossible to handle and may I live to be a 100 ................... whoo hoo !!!

i must have a good batch i have belted the snot out of these in long dead red gum and box and no probs

but i wasn't dropping dead trees honest :chop::D

A bit different situation I guess, in our game the wedge gets used maybe 20 times a day, not because the faller cannot pic the lean but because we deliberately fall across or against the natural lean to place the tree in the easiest possible position for extraction.
Most of our work was in steep country which requires a different style of work procedure.
If those wedges work in your situation its a far cheaper option to Stihl alloys.
For those wondering if we stacked wedges for further lift, yes I have but we always carried 2 big steel wedges and sledge hammer which got used often.

We's proud parents again last night, my eldest sons soccer team '' youth division or U18's'' won the last comp game for the season on top of the ladder and undefeated making them the Minor Premieres. A late game under lights and bloody cold in Kempsey.
Finals start next week and can't wait.
Me boys and mother are already off dis morning, youngest plays at 9.00 and the eldest ref's 3 games (paid) from 9.00 then will back up an hour later to start off the bench in mens game around 3.00pm. I wish I had the fitness levels these kids have got.

DSC00721 - Copy (640x546) - Copy.jpg

We had an interesting thing come through at work yesterday in regard to tyre choice on our work utes. We run fleet vehicles and with the number of km a lot of us do tyre cost and wear can really impact the bottom line. I do around 70,000km a year although that is likely to increase this year to 80k+.
Have a look at the attached report. It's actually quite interesting although not what I'd call perfect. Don't distribute this around though - we also need to run LT load rated tyres too which is why choices are a bit limited.
Rolling resistance is a big one with the amount of km's we do. For example when I went with a chunkier tyre (Bridgestone Dueler A/T 255/70/R16) over the stock road type tyre that came fitted as standard my fuel economy increased by 10%.

Attachments

• Elders tyre evaluation report.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
Well, a bloke fairly local messed himself up with a chainsaw 6-7 months ago, didn't have the chain brake on, tripped over, squeezed the trigger and landed on the saw, ripped his guts apart. He's alive, but gee.....

Use that chain brake, kids.

today ends my affair with lapua brass i been trying past 6 month or more to get my scores back to acceptable for my non comp varmint gun mid fiftys but no go. after brass testing below i'm going back to basic winny 223 cases the ant pants lapua just dont work in my No1

View attachment 363704
Thats all i use in my remy 700 with gooooood results

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Back