the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt think many followed that anymore i sort of gave up updating there for lack of interest,support.
Maybe i should keep it going ?.

I was the same. I got the s*its when the site got hacked and all the video links in my thread became null and void. The percentage of know all ******** members also increased dramatically after the hack as well.

I didnt think many followed that anymore i sort of gave up updating there for lack of interest,support.
Maybe i should keep it going ?.
bloody oath keep it going. they are yr memoirs. You have taken the pics.. might as well load them up. any one that trash talks in ya thread, block em. same goes for u matt the 1st. love reading yr stories. and if i wasnt so friggin busy at work i would throw my saws in the patrol and come and give u a hand andrew!

I was the same. I got the s*its when the site got hacked and all the video links in my thread became null and void. The percentage of know all ******** members also increased dramatically after the hack as well.

Lets not forget the one who won't go away..... I must admit, I do read some very interesting ''STUFF'' at times since that hacking.

View attachment 365558 View attachment 365557 Doing our bit at the golf club cutting up storm damaged dangerous trees. Plus a bit of R&R. Havent been out sea fishing for ever its seems. Between the 4 of us we got an A4 sized ziplock bag of fillets.

Saw logs,,,, nice bit of pine. oh and good show on the fishing trip

edit,,,,
Fired up Wayne's 70 today just because I can and it was in my road and I had a little spare time bla, bla, bla.
2 pulls, 2 snap backs and away the old china copy went without checking the petrol. My off sider said should that smell like that and I had to tell him the fuel mix was BP zoom and he looked at me puzzled, I wonder if he looks it up to see if its any good for his high powered quad,,,,, bless him.
He commented on the sheer size of the brute and how big a man it would take to fall trees with it.

Hi Guys was looking at this thread from 2008 , i would have quoted it but dont know how to do that
Im a bit stumped on this as to when would you change chains ,pitch and bars and for what reason, next it QUOTE
"I have noticed that Stihl offers the Picco chain in both .043 & .050 guages and that the 3/8 chain is offered in both .050 and .063 guages. It also seems a bit odd that the .325/.063 chain used on the 3.2 HP 260 is the same thickness of drive link gauge as the chain used on the 8.6 hp 880 - while the 360, 440, 441, 650, and 660 can use either the .050 or .063 gauge!

What is the purpose of having different thicknesses of drive links? Is one better suited to smaller/larger saws? I did a search and could not find any thread that discusses this topic."
Regards Peter

Bob on here will stick it up the shooters on here any chance he gets. Catter on the other hand is pro hunting

Gotcha, understand now. The preconceptions about hunters and firearm owners is urban based BS. The rest of us just get the results of their urban greenie ideas where roos etc don't eat them out. VIC has a terrific deer hunting set up, no season outside Nat. Parks and no sex or bag limits, would have to be good to be better elsewhere in the world.

Hi Guys was looking at this thread from 2008 , i would have quoted it but dont know how to do that
Im a bit stumped on this as to when would you change chains ,pitch and bars and for what reason, next it QUOTE
"I have noticed that Stihl offers the Picco chain in both .043 & .050 guages and that the 3/8 chain is offered in both .050 and .063 guages. It also seems a bit odd that the .325/.063 chain used on the 3.2 HP 260 is the same thickness of drive link gauge as the chain used on the 8.6 hp 880 - while the 360, 440, 441, 650, and 660 can use either the .050 or .063 gauge!

What is the purpose of having different thicknesses of drive links? Is one better suited to smaller/larger saws? I did a search and could not find any thread that discusses this topic."
Regards Peter

The way i understand it one reason for the thicker gauge is toi help with the flow of bar oil in hardwoods eg Ozz

c7ca58df01e2f28b2cffe7138a868901.jpg

Been getting a few saws together for this weekend, everything should be sharp and ready to head off to Wondai Qld
2f7ab348678baac73e4d63eff539cad2.jpg

Got heaps on at the moment,do 4 hrs every morning that includes getting out there and back blocking and splitting which works out to 8 mtrs between the two of us.

Oh what I'd give for a setup like yours. All this automated gear, no real manual handling etc etc. It would be so easy it would be a holiday for me with my setup ;)

Heh heh.

Gotcha, understand now. The preconceptions about hunters and firearm owners is urban based BS. The rest of us just get the results of their urban greenie ideas where roos etc don't eat them out. VIC has a terrific deer hunting set up, no season outside Nat. Parks and no sex or bag limits, would have to be good to be better elsewhere in the world.

The deer season in SA on the in-law's farm is shoot the bastards at any time you see them. Classed as vermin here with no season or bag limit. It's amazing how many hunters/shooters in SA actually think they are protected because of what they hear from interstate. They wreck fences left right and centre and all are carrying huge scrub ticks, not to mention internal parasites that they pass onto livestock. Mostly Red Deer with the occasional Fallow.
Haven't seen a single deer on the in-law's for a few years after they did an aerial cull through the Coorong National Park right next door.

Latest posts

Back