the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bennn*e

bennn*e

Addicted to ArboristSite
In a Stihl Shop or my shed...so Stihl shop's :)
echo cst610evl twin cylinder chainsaw
has any one had much to do with this saw, can parts still be found and what are they like
Got 2 of them that I'm making 1 complete one from, good was the wrong word... Quite a few bits are still around and possibly used on the single cyl saws at the time also.

huntingrob

huntingrob

ArboristSite Guru
Yes, I traded it for a Stihl 460. Its done about 200 cords already, and I've only had it 2 years or so. Turns real tight and I do 1/8 of cord ever turn.
Good stuff! There's a few still getting around over here but most people are scared of them, they're renowned for rolling over. That one looks to be in good nik!

weedkilla

weedkilla

Ain't no guru of nuthin'
peter92

peter92

Addicted to ArboristSite
well picked up this ECHO CS320T today, seriel no 35003437, done about 7 hrs work and the bloke ran the front of the saw over with his trailer

in front of the handle on the orange piece it has cracked the tank and it need replacing
so can any one help me out with where to buy the tank from
i got it for $50, bar and 2 chains

KiwiBro

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
Yeah I saw that electric mill, seems they are trying to copy Mahoe also. I looks like they are using linear bearings for their slides, not to sure they will hold up with the sawdust etc.

Their "patented" all terrain mill is pretty much an exact copy of a lucas, friggin chinese just can't help themselves :rolleyes:
It's kinda funny how one of their mills takes its name from both Peterson and Lucas nomenclature, then combines a Lucas copy frame with a Mahoe twinsaw arrangement.

I see the linear bearings on the carriage side-shift. Is that what you are referring to? I have looked into these some time ago and there are some pretty nice such bearings specifically for harsh environments. Anyone's guess what this Chinese manufacturer has used though. Ditto for the gears, clutch.

Rudolf73

Rudolf73

Addicted to ArboristSite
It's kinda funny how one of their mills takes its name from both Peterson and Lucas nomenclature, then combines a Lucas copy frame with a Mahoe twinsaw arrangement.

I see the linear bearings on the carriage side-shift. Is that what you are referring to? I have looked into these some time ago and there are some pretty nice such bearings specifically for harsh environments. Anyone's guess what they have used.

Yeah on the side shift, I always thought they are more suited for undercover indoor applications but you could probably get them in stainless if you hand over enough $$. In my view portable sawmills are not high precision instruments like CNC machines for example where those linear bearings are used. You can get away with more agricultural and rugged sliding mechanisms in the bush, plus easier to fix.

Latest posts