Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a parts list and a serivce manual for a Sthil MS250 chainsaw

Hello, I am in need of a parts list and a service manual for a Sthil MS250 chain saw. Can anyone help me?
Thanks, Mark

Stihl Farm boss 041 Manual

I need a copy of the Stihl Farm Boss 041 Manual. This saw is about vintage 1980-81. I need to adjust the carb. It runs rough and does not start when the engine is hot. any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Manual for a Stihl 041

My neighbor has an old Stihl 041 (not AV model) that he is having problems getting it running so I told him i would take a look at it and I'm having a really hard time finding a parts break down and/or manuals for it. I saw a few people on this tread as for the same thing.. and was hoping you guys could help me out too.

thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Brian

Stihl TS760 Cutoff saw

I could use both IPL and service manual for this saw. If you have one, pm me please and I can provide an email address. Thank you

My neighbor has an old Stihl 041 (not AV model) that he is having problems getting it running so I told him i would take a look at it and I'm having a really hard time finding a parts break down and/or manuals for it. I saw a few people on this tread as for the same thing.. and was hoping you guys could help me out too.

Brian

Oh and on a side note when i first got it from him i took apart the carb and cleaned it out also the exhaust (which was fine) and then just cleaned up the saw in general. When i put it all back together it fired right up and seemed to run pretty good. But when i shut it down and brought it back to my neighbor (an hour or 2 later) and tried to fire it up in front of him it was a no go. A few days later i tried it again and it fired up but then choked out on idle about 20 seconds later and sense then I have not been able get it started... any suggestions as to what i might need to do?

Brian

On a side note when i first got the saw from my neighbor i took apart the carb and cleaned it out and the exhaust (which was fine) and then just did some general cleaning of the saw its self. When i put it all back together it pretty much fired right up and seem to run pretty good. When i took it back to my neighbor (an hour or 2 later) and tried to fire it up for him it was a no go. A few days later i tried to start it up again and it fired up but then choked out on idle after about 10-20 seconds of running and then wouldn't fire up again. sense then I have not been able to get it to start again and i have pulled apart the carb again and changed the spark plug... any one have an idea of what i might need to look at next... any thoughts would be awesome

thanks again

On a side note when i first got the saw from my neighbor i took apart the carb and cleaned it out and the exhaust (which was fine) and then just did some general cleaning of the saw its self. When i put it all back together it pretty much fired right up and seem to run pretty good. When i took it back to my neighbor (an hour or 2 later) and tried to fire it up for him it was a no go. A few days later i tried to start it up again and it fired up but then choked out on idle after about 10-20 seconds of running and then wouldn't fire up again. sense then I have not been able to get it to start again and i have pulled apart the carb again and changed the spark plug... any one have an idea of what i might need to look at next... any thoughts would be awesome

thanks again

Could be a couple of things. The metering diaphragm could be a bit too stiff causing it to either flood or not get enough fuel. It could also have a coil that's on the way out.

Check to be sure it has spark. If it has good spark get a carb kit, clean the hell out of the carb and rebuild it.

Oh yeah, I've seen the fuel line and impulse line get soft and need replaced more than a few times.

Check your PMs for the manuals. :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back