Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skyboy_psu

skyboy_psu

Searching for stihl 028 super. Illustrated parts list manual . Thanks

Me too. Can anyone on here help? I've had two people look at this saw, and neither has a good idea of what is wrong. Sometimes it will start right up, but never warm up to the point where the throttle can be applied--it just bogs down and stalls. Then, it can't be started again until it is cooled down completely.

The last time it ran well, I ran if for about an hour, then it suddenly cut off, and wouldn't start again.

It has a new sparkplug, and new, properly mixed fuel. I've run a small amount of carb cleaner through it in the past, becuase I was getting a lot of blue smoke after I bought it at an auction.

I don't want to tear it apart myself, since I'll probably screw it up, but I would like to see if I can get into it and not past the point of no return to help diagnose the problem(s).

Thanks all...

rscamaro73

rscamaro73

ArboristSite Member
More saws dumped in my lap again today, with 2 more to follow shortly....life is ruff :blob2:

IPL & Manual for a Poulan Wood Shark Model 1950

IPL for Homelite XL & Super 2

Please and thank you.....and thank you for the previous request. But the IP breakdown shows a different saw.

gmax

Addicted to ArboristSite
Me too. Can anyone on here help? I've had two people look at this saw, and neither has a good idea of what is wrong. Sometimes it will start right up, but never warm up to the point where the throttle can be applied--it just bogs down and stalls. Then, it can't be started again until it is cooled down completely.

The last time it ran well, I ran if for about an hour, then it suddenly cut off, and wouldn't start again.

It has a new sparkplug, and new, properly mixed fuel. I've run a small amount of carb cleaner through it in the past, becuase I was getting a lot of blue smoke after I bought it at an auction.

I don't want to tear it apart myself, since I'll probably screw it up, but I would like to see if I can get into it and not past the point of no return to help diagnose the problem(s).

Thanks all...

Hello