Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gents,

Man, what a morning. I was taking our garbage to the dump and sitting next to the metal pile was two old Stihl power-heads, both appear to be older Stihl 066 Magnum saws. I asked the dump attendant how much for the two saws and he says $3.00 gets them both :numberone:!

I am looking for an IPL and shop manual for the 066. I am usually a Husqvarna guy but for $3.00 I can spend a few bucks and maybe end up with a decent saw. Here they are, a little rough and one has a broken crankcase but they both turn over the one with the good case even seems to have a decent amount of compression. This ought to be fun....I see on Ebay you can get a new crankcase for less than $30.00, does anyone have a recommendation for a good aftermarket non OEM crankcase to help this broken man stand back up?

Hi Gents,

Man, what a morning. I was taking our garbage to the dump and sitting next to the metal pile was two old Stihl power-heads, both appear to be older Stihl 066 Magnum saws. I asked the dump attendant how much for the two saws and he says $3.00 gets them both :numberone:!

I am looking for an IPL and shop manual for the 066. I am usually a Husqvarna guy but for $3.00 I can spend a few bucks and maybe end up with a decent saw. Here they are, a little rough and one has a broken crankcase but they both turn over the one with the good case even seems to have a decent amount of compression. This ought to be fun....I see on Ebay you can get a new crankcase for less than $30.00, does anyone have a recommendation for a good aftermarket non OEM crankcase to help this broken man stand back up?
Check your Inbox.

Hi Gents,

Done 3 parts!

Back