The Biggest Saw Of All Time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sawbones you got so much cool stuff...what you need to do though is go get a bunch of pictures from that guy you know who has the 10 cube 090 and share them. (I think it was Wayne's collection?)

follow this qoute to see more 10 cube pics
and the madsen 10 cube saw.

Here are the pics of Wayne Suttons 10 cube. This saw weighs about the same as stock. I did not have a mic when we took it apart to see if case had been opened up for bigger cylinder..

Piston shown sitting in bore is from 66mm contra S . This bore I belive is 76mm. did not have a mic but there was a 76 stamped on top.

CIMG2805.jpg

CIMG2809.jpg

CIMG2810.jpg

CIMG2807.jpg

CIMG2812.jpg

Husky 3120 is supposed to be the biggest stock saw on the market right now. But id much rather have an 880, or 660 anyday!

Ms880 is bigger in ccs, and is rated as the most powerful saw currently made. 121.6ccs from memory 3120 is only 118 something if I remember correctly. and yes I would rather the 880 or even the 91.6cc 660, except for a long bar then I would still prefer an 880 despite the fact the husky will supply more oil.

According to David Lee, after WWII Societe PPK in France manufactured 2-man saws with 250, 350, and 550 cc engines. At least some were clones of WWII Stihl KS-43 saw. Titan in Seattle produced a saw with a 22-foot-long bar with a Bluestreak powerhead on either end- idea was to cut big redwoods low and minimize waste.

Ask me, the most fun saws must have been the 1.34 cid O&Rs. You could hide one in your pocket. :hmm3grin2orange:

If some nancy boy tells you they are for two men only tell him
to stop watchings soaps and eating bon bons all day.:laugh:

Another large motor is the Titan twins @ 293cc 17 cubes.

Disston DA 211...65 lbs with 36" bar
altsaw001.jpg

I can vouch for the the DA211. I remember as a kid, maybe 10 or 12, sending our 211 up big trees to my Dad. I still have it and it's got good compression, Joe.
098.jpg

7-55.jpg

IEL PT-ST 160cc, 62 lbs with 40" bar
CIMG5200.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This big old Danarm two man saw came to light on Aussie ebay recently prior to being snapped up by a lucky buyer - it is supposed to be the large 350cc powered unit. Great original condition for a saw of its age - wish it was mine :msp_sad:

Regards,

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:rock:
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b02xCCWtCho?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b02xCCWtCho?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

According to David Lee, after WWII Societe PPK in France manufactured 2-man saws with 250, 350, and 550 cc engines. At least some were clones of WWII Stihl KS-43 saw. Titan in Seattle produced a saw with a 22-foot-long bar with a Bluestreak powerhead on either end- idea was to cut big redwoods low and minimize waste.

Ask me, the most fun saws must have been the 1.34 cid O&Rs. You could hide one in your pocket. :hmm3grin2orange:

My PPK Quick 80 is 225cc:
View attachment 216969
The Quick 100 and 125 are 350cc.
Don't know about a 550cc PPK but sure would like to know more about it... Living in France, I need to find one...

:

They made one but it did not work. They could not keep the chain tight enough to be practical..

Titan did sell a 12 foot bar to fit the BlueStreak.

twinbluestreaks.jpg

streakchart2.jpg

Latest posts

Back