The far-flung Homelite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are the same pics and almost the same description as the 750 that just sold for $560. The one that oakman made a post about. The seller just registered today. Wonder what's going on here?

He's also selling another item with a picture an description copied from a recently ended auction. Hmmm..

that is exactly the same listing, word for word. maybe the guy decided that $560 just wasn't enough so he packed up and moved to romania where the guy that won the bid can't get to him, and now he's gonna try it again. or ebay is screwed up

I bet we either have a very lazy Romanian, or one who noticed the other auction and is looking to make a quick scammed $500 then vanish into the woodwork.

i emailed the guy and he claims he got the saw from his uncle in canada a few years ago, plus he offered to sell it to me outright for 350u.s. and he would pay the shipping. huh! wonder how much that is from romania. i think he's been eatin too much goat cheese. i reported him to ebay.

His other 2 items ,Dewalt drill and bicycle are also American products, must have a pretty
good pipeline to the US. I wish I could trace his
IP location, is it really Romania?

The source IP address should be trivially available in an email, unless it's not really an email but just some form of messaging local to the system like the PM stuff here.

Glen

Noticed they're also quite expensive items, although I couldn't find any auctions he copied them from. He also gives his location as Finland on the feedback page. Should be selling Jo-Bus...

Reported to eBay for good measure. :)

kam, here is the source ip i got with his email. i don't know how to do anything with it, cause all i know is how to pull the starter rope and hold the throttle wide open, but if you or anyone else can, rock on: 193.231.117.37

chainsaw related ip addy

lookup 193.231.117.37 ... dialup-56k-37.kappa.ro
connect to 193.0.0.135

% This is the RIPE Whois server.
% The objects are in RPSL format.
%
% Rights restricted by copyright.
% See http://www.ripe.net/ripencc/pub-services/db/copyright.html

inetnum: 193.231.117.0 - 193.231.117.255
netname: BURSA-NET
descr: Bursa Newspaper
admin-c: DNT4-RIPE
tech-c: DNT4-RIPE
remarks: object maintained by ro.rnc local registry
notify: [email protected]
mnt-lower: AS3233-MNT
mnt-by: AS3233-MNT
mnt-routes: ASTRALTELECOM-MNT
changed: [email protected] 20001211
changed: [email protected] 20010215
changed: [email protected] 20020104
source: RIPE

route: 193.231.116.0/23
descr: AstralTelecom Cluj
origin: AS6746
mnt-by: ASTRALTELECOM-MNT
changed: [email protected] 20030108

person: DNT Bucharest Hostmaster
address: Calea Victoriei 155, bl. D1, sc. 7
address: et3, 71102, Bucharest
phone: +40-1-2106863
fax-no: +40-1-3122745
e-mail: [email protected]
nic-hdl: DNT4-RIPE
notify: [email protected]
mnt-by: AS6746-MNT
changed: [email protected] 20020315

lol, herman you are fast! i got all that also using mcafee firewall. still don't know what it all is.

dennis, i think i would double check that lambert guy. he is pretty sneaky. i wouldn't be surprised if he has his own private jet, and a chalet in romania, and he flies back and forth!

Tim, did the seller have an explaination as to how his saw has the same maintenance and use history as one part way around the globe? Or is that how it is for every Fin who stores the American tools his Canadian uncle sends him in Romania? :confused::dizzy:

Oakman,

That IP address may or may not mean a thing.&nbsp; Send me a copy of the entire <i><b>raw</b></i> email (all headers included and no formatting whatsoever) and I'll check it out for you.

Sending an email with lies in the headers is nothing, and if the unhappy user of that IP address happens to be running a computer capable and configured to forward email, they may be an unwitting tool.

Glen

I e-mailed the guy who won the first auction and his reply was that the new listing was being investigated by E-Bay.

As long as you place the high bid. :) I don't need negative feedback from Romanian con artists.

Latest posts

Back