The Farm Tractor in the Woodlot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's Ron bucking the butt off....that's a 372 with a 32" bar. We got 5, 10' saw logs. The top and limbs I'll give to Dennis Harvey for carving blocks and the rest I'll use for fire wood. The brush will be burned.

500treejob030.jpg

500treejob029.jpg

500treejob031.jpg

Last edited:
Gypo Logger said:
Here we are at the sawmill. I found a local sawyer, he's an engineer, but is that a good thing?
John
Gypo Logger said:
Hey John, I'm sure it is.;)

nice pictures, as always. It always amazes me how straight your tree cuts/logs are. I never seem to manage myself, how good I try.
take care,
Roland

Unless your a "total idiot" there's absolurely NO WAY you can tip my tractor over backwards..... It's far from an old style tractor with no weight in the front.... There's NO WAY a log can roll off my forks onto me either as i "grabble" them....

Anyway, for the most part, i skid logs as little as possible, as i don't want to have those dirty SOB's on my mill.... I hate haveing to wire brush them to get the dirt off the face.

Rob

picture.JPG

Lake, it is called an ESS. What it supposed to do is make the wood esspecialy hard to split should some woodtick swing by and steal your log.
They are very hard to get into the tree so you have to place it early in the trees life near the roots. Hope this helps.

Rotax Robert

Rotax Robert said:
Lake, it is called an ESS. What it supposed to do is make the wood esspecialy hard to split should some woodtick swing by and steal your log.
They are very hard to get into the tree so you have to place it early in the trees life near the roots. Hope this helps.

Rotax Robert
:hmm3grin2orange:See this thread, posts #8 and #9.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=36729

Rotax Robert said:

Rotax Robert

good one :ices_rofl:

Rotax Robert said:

Rotax Robert

hmmmm:monkey:

This is a whole lot of fun and I hope to have a steady diet of it all winter.
I wish I had someone to help me, but alas, it's hard to find good help over the net.:blob2:
John
cv2.jpg

Lakeside53 said:
hmmmm:monkey:
Hi Lakeside, the 'S' irons keep the end grain from checking. Sometimes they use plastic as the iron can stain the wood, especialy species like Oak that contain alot of tanin.
John

you get some new tires on the Kubota?
They look wider than in the other pics.

sawinredneck said:
Be out there to help in a heartbeat John, but it's a bit of a drive for me:mad:
Andy
Thanks for the offer Andy, however, I've worked so long alone in the woods we'd probably kill each other. ;)
John
cv4.jpg

JimL said:
you get some new tires on the Kubota?
They look wider than in the other pics.
Same tires Jim, it's probably just the fisheye effect of the 12mm lens I used.
I moved to another bush today and will keep the tractor on the landing for sorting and piling and use the 540 JD to pump another 5000 or so stems off 250 acres I just aquired.:popcorn:
John
CV5.jpg

sawinredneck said:
Be out there to help in a heartbeat John, but it's a bit of a drive for me:mad:
Andy
Thanks for the offer Andy, however, I've worked so long alone in the woods we'd probably kill each other. ;)
John
cv4.jpg

Latest posts

Back