The Forbidden Hack Question...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I compared your work to a third world unlicensed dentist using a power tool to work on patients, your panties would be all in wad,

Dude, if you are crying over this, you should go to the archives and back up your statement! You could not handle the stuff said to or about me,,
If you need to be handled with 'kid gloves', you should say so in advance.
Not sure we have a room for that, tho!
Jeff

Right, but then, Squirrel's are sensitive. They don't fit into a 'Man-Suit'.
Jeff

Very cute, must be nice sitting in the office all day directing traffic for someone else business. Do you really think you could start with nothing like me and make it? I had literally zero dollars this year now I have 2 saws, all the ropes gear and a truck (I was driving a hooptie nissan sentra last year). You like to talk down to everyone but dont even have the gumption to do your own business. Your a office boy. Be sure to post in the injury section when you get carpal tunnel.

-Squirrel

Arguing over he said, she said will not advance a solution to your problem!
Ignore the dopes, stand stong in yourself, and filter out the good advice, now, do you want some info on bar condition or not?
No WAY your 250 should be troubling you...I started with an 021, then a 250, then a 290...now I'm fully equiped (small trees now) 200t, 260 pro, 361...BTW my 021 is STILL going strong at 15yrs old!

Hey! I've had carpal tunnel surgery, hernia X2, broken wrist, fractured vertebae X4, fractured pelvis, chainsaw lacerations, etc. Does that count?

Them sidewalk dentists in Jaipur (Doc senior and Doc junior) are not hacks! AND, they can also repair bicycles.
I may have inferred that you have a hackery gene in your DNA, but I'm sure that you think you know what I think that you think you know.

I was compared to a dentist using a dremel to perform dental surgery since I use a stihl 250 and 290.. Calling me a hack is rude, especially in consideration that I follow all the ISA codes, never spiked a tree to trim and do not use illegals. I might be small and not too fancy, but I am not a hack.

I beleave he was refurring to you wanting to use a wlldthing. I know hacks with better saws. If your gonna do the job, get the right equipment.

I know i wont want my auto mechanic working on my car with only harbor frieght tools in his box. It tells me he dont care even enough to buy proper tools, is he gonna care enough to make sure he puts all my lug nuts back on and torched on my car.

Well maybe I will just say it then ...... This thread is started by someone who can't keep a chain running on the bar ! I mean come on , the same kinda guy that needs the little gas can and oil picture to mark what hole to put it in ! I say go buy out the local ACE hardware for as many wild things as you can swing , and while your at it stock up on the yellow 3 strand rope , ya know the same #### your neighbor uses to tie down his BBQ tarp ! :hmm3grin2orange: ya don't wanna have to keep lowering branches on tied together shoe laces LOl

Dammit! I wanted to use the auto mechanic - Harbour Freight analogy!
How 'bout Michelangelo painting the ceiling of the Sistene Chapel with a Dollar Store paint roller?, or Stradavarious making violins with a pocketknife?
A good craftsman never blames his tools. (prolly cause he doesn't buy junk)

Well maybe I will just say it then ...... This thread is started by someone who can't keep a chain running on the bar ! I mean come on , the same kinda guy that needs the little gas can and oil picture to mark what hole to put it in ! I say go buy out the local ACE hardware for as many wild things as you can swing , and while your at it stock up on the yellow 3 strand rope , ya know the same #### your neighbor uses to tie down his BBQ tarp ! :hmm3grin2orange: ya don't wanna have to keep lowering branches on tied together shoe laces LOl

Oh yeah, you got me pegged. Im a bad guy to consider buying a $75 saw so my helper can cut up brush. The shoe laces work better than you would think. What kind of equipment did you start your company with? Does your breath always smell like that when you talk or is it just this thread?

I beleave he was refurring to you wanting to use a wlldthing. I know hacks with better saws. If your gonna do the job, get the right equipment.

I know i wont want my auto mechanic working on my car with only harbor frieght tools in his box. It tells me he dont care even enough to buy proper tools, is he gonna care enough to make sure he puts all my lug nuts back on and torched on my car.

I just gotta say this , your spelling is atrocious ! I mean really ?

Oh yeah, you got me pegged. Im a bad guy to consider buying a $75 saw so my helper can cut up brush. The shoe laces work better than you would think. What kind of equipment did you start your company with? Does your breath always smell like that when you talk or is it just this thread?

I never ran a wild thing ever , never ever. My first saw was given to me by my pop , and it was a stihl , hes not a cheap #### either .

I appreciate all the constructive criticism in this thread, just cant understand all the animosity. Picking up a cheap o saw for having a helper cut brush.. who would of thought it would bring out so much negativity lol. I am done with this thread. My bar was slightly bent, got a new bar and chain, problem solved. Still going to pick up a cheap saw on CL as soon as I see one close to me. Thanks again to all the level headed replies.

I agree completely with these guys , you are hired as a "professional " , you charge for a service ! No offense but guys like you gladly take money outta other peoples pockets , so after you get it then go at least have some respect for the business and buy some #### that doesn't make the entire profession look like something drunks do between happy hours , and if you gotta go spend your last few bucks you have saved for rent on Good tools , well welcome to the business we've all grown balls big enough to muscle through that part !

I agree completely with these guys , you are hired as a "professional " , you charge for a service ! No offense but guys like you gladly take money outta other peoples pockets , so after you get it then go at least have some respect for the business and buy some #### that doesn't make the entire profession look like something drunks do between happy hours , and if you gotta go spend your last few bucks you have saved for rent on Good tools , well welcome to the business we've all grown balls big enough to muscle through that part !

Last post, last time with the straw man arguments. the customer is not getting a piss poor deal if someone uses a poulan as opposed to a 261 to hack brush already on the grown. did a big job yesterday essentially with only a 290 (not a pro saw) same end result. enjoy that high horse partner, watch out for the fall.

Last post, last time with the straw man arguments. the customer is not getting a piss poor deal if someone uses a poulan as opposed to a 261 to hack brush already on the grown. did a big job yesterday essentially with only a 290 (not a pro saw) same end result. enjoy that high horse partner, watch out for the fall.

I dunno, but talking about Poulan Wild Things just brings unleashes the beast in me.
I simply can't control myself. Somebody please help me.

I appreciate all the constructive criticism in this thread, just cant understand all the animosity. Picking up a cheap o saw for having a helper cut brush.. who would of thought it would bring out so much negativity lol. I am done with this thread. My bar was slightly bent, got a new bar and chain, problem solved. Still going to pick up a cheap saw on CL as soon as I see one close to me. Thanks again to all the level headed replies.

What do you mean when you say that you can't understand the animosity? You , yourself titled the thread " The forbiden hack question" and stated that you felt like a dirty hack so now you are a dirty hack. You did it. What did you expect from us? To give you a bath?

What those guys said were analogies not strawman.

Well, isn't this the 101 Forum? This is where those who are a bit leery of posting in the commercial forum are SUPPOSED to come and ask questions and seek advice.

I really think some of you guys need to lay off the flaming a bit, I mean is it impossible to suggest to a new person in a calm and reasoned manner they route that they might consider taking?

I popped back over here from some of the other sites for a look see, and the flaming on the commercial thread is understandable, if you think you have the guns to post there that take it like a man, or a woman in my case!
But here, why the wars?

Squirriel...if you want to but a cheap stand in saw for bashing around the chipper, you go right ahead, you know how long it will last, and you will buy the good stuff when you can!
Bent bar eh...someone must have really layed on that 250 to do that! Perhaps using it on too big a tree, or got it stuck...

BTW, I still have my 290, until I can afford a 441 or 562, I'll use that orange handled sucka on any job!

Back