The Forbidden Hack Question...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Guy I use has a 5 yard dump with high side, a 12" Morbark chipper, a Stihl ms290 and ms660 and that is his whole operation.
He is a one man show (250/half day) (500/full day) plus dump fees (most place he knows are free but at most its $8/yard)

We have gotten it down to a science it took a few tries but this is usually how we do things.

We usually start between 7am-8am. I come in with my 2 guys put the brush/tree on the ground cut the brush and stack it for chipping. We try and get all the brush down by 11am-12pm The chipper guy comes right around lunch time (On really big job he comes in the Day after the removal). One of my guys helps feed the chipper while my other guy is working with me either roping if its technical or bucking rounds if its on the ground. When the truck is full he heads out to the dump which gives us Roughly 30-60 depending on the town were in. We can usually do 2 loads of chips like this by 2pm at the latest, while he's out dumping chips my 2 guys start bring logs/rounds to where the truck was parked, while I take the ms660 and buck the #### out of what ever is left. When the truck gets back my guys load it up asap while I start cleaning up the Job site. He Keeps the fire wood if the home owner doesn't want it and takes it to his lot which is about 30min from most of the areas we work in. We can get 2 load of fire wood in by the end of the day. He heads out with the last load and we pack the truck and were GONE.... and if the home owner keeps the fire wood its even FASTER

Say what you want but we make it happen.

The Guy I use has a 5 yard dump with high side, a 12" Morbark chipper, a Stihl ms290 and ms660 and that is his whole operation.
He is a one man show (250/half day) (500/full day) plus dump fees (most place he knows are free but at most its $8/yard)

We have gotten it down to a science it took a few tries but this is usually how we do things.

We usually start between 7am-8am. I come in with my 2 guys put the brush/tree on the ground cut the brush and stack it for chipping. We try and get all the brush down by 11am-12pm The chipper guy comes right around lunch time (On really big job he comes in the Day after the removal). One of my guys helps feed the chipper while my other guy is working with me either roping if its technical or bucking rounds if its on the ground. When the truck is full he heads out to the dump which gives us Roughly 30-60 depending on the town were in. We can usually do 2 loads of chips like this by 2pm at the latest, while he's out dumping chips my 2 guys start bring logs/rounds to where the truck was parked, while I take the ms660 and buck the #### out of what ever is left. When the truck gets back my guys load it up asap while I start cleaning up the Job site. He Keeps the fire wood if the home owner doesn't want it and takes it to his lot which is about 30min from most of the areas we work in. We can get 2 load of fire wood in by the end of the day. He heads out with the last load and we pack the truck and were GONE.... and if the home owner keeps the fire wood its even FASTER

Say what you want but we make it happen.

I read this three times to see if I was laughing at something,,, yup,, after three times,, I am still laughing,,LOL!
Jeff :msp_scared:

Back to the core question of this thread.....

Wildthing.........come on, are you serious?:msp_thumbdn: At the very least you could show some nostalgia and get an old Homelite Super XL. That way your man will take extra care of the Stihl when he gets it back.:msp_sneaky:

A sharp chainsaw is a good cahinsaw

Back to the original subject, I get broke sometimes so i know what he means. Come back from a trip abroad or something, pay the bills and two saws break at once.

I've found that if I need one to get me through a job, a sharp chainsaw cuts whatever brand it is. I'm not saying it's economical over time, though

Back to the original subject, I get broke sometimes so i know what he means. Come back from a trip abroad or something, pay the bills and two saws break at once.

Maybe you should rethink your priorities and not go on big vacations or unnecessary spending sprees, until you can afford the proper equipment. Then once your up and running with good equipment and plenty of jobs then you can afford the luxury's of vacations and nice thing that you might want. It took me about two years to get to the equipment I have now. I missed plenty of nights out with friends and a vacation or 2, but in the end its gotten me and my business to higher standard. We make more money more efficiently than we have ever done in the past. It was the 2nd greatest business investment i've made behind working for an old timer in this Biz. Knowledge being the first and best investment I ever made.

Maybe you should rethink your priorities and not go on big vacations or unnecessary spending sprees, until you can afford the proper equipment. Then once your up and running with good equipment and plenty of jobs then you can afford the luxury's of vacations and nice thing that you might want. It took me about two years to get to the equipment I have now. I missed plenty of nights out with friends and a vacation or 2, but in the end its gotten me and my business to higher standard. We make more money more efficiently than we have ever done in the past. It was the 2nd greatest business investment i've made behind working for an old timer in this Biz. Knowledge being the first and best investment I ever made.

Sounds like his priorities are not trees, he spikes prune jobs.
Jeff

Gday mate,

I said trips abroad, not vacations. You assumed a little too much there and got it wrong. I have made my sacrifices, too. They just haven't all been to get money.

Latest posts

Back