The HUZTL scam

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is the same **** all the time no matter if it is China or Sweden. This is how customer service is trained to deal with customers, it is not so much customer service as damage control/get the customer to give up.

I just fixed that problem I think. They were not communicating. They would say we fix. But the guys in Warehouse were never trained on what constitutes a good part so they would send out another bad part and feel it was something you did. I got my nice ugly on and that's cleared up. They might have a hiccup or two. I think it's fixed. On the put it on your new order say no, until you straighten my current order out..

They will catch one. I was rough with them. That sux.

My last 660 was missing 3 nuts , worms gear pair. Not bad and has many improvements.

I bought a cross cylinder on and it was clicklng when piston was full seated. It would pull your arm out of socket damage pawls, spring etc just trying to crank it. I took it off and put FarmerTec back on and those issues went away.

The cylinder photo shows 3 minutes of use at idle and you can see scuffs
997da8f921bd41cdedeadbef035b6ae1.jpg

A curious thing is...you can buy most every part to build a saw on ebay from huztl. But not a "complete (mostly) saw in a box" - that's only from huztl.net. Is there some legal reason for that or is it they don't like an arbitrator (and feedback system) they can't control?

There have been some Chinese sellers who occasionally offered kits on eBay. I haven't seen any in a couple of weeks.
They were probably either Farmertec aliases (like Huztl is) or some other closely related crazy scheme: the last two orders I placed with Huztl came from two different addresses. One in Shenzhen and the other in Qingdao. Look at a map of China to see how close those places are.
If the kits are as bad as you say, especially when it comes to ill-fitting parts, the cases probably landed in front of the eBay court after the usual "communication breakdown", costing our Chinese friends a bit of money.

Now you can find "Engine kits" whose content is clearly state in the description and "Problem with An Order? We work hard to get everything right but mistakes happen and we want to fix them quickly, please ask any questions using the eBay system without starting a return or opening a case." :laugh:

I doubt if you could go to ebay and get much justice from them on Huztl purchases, it seems that ebay treats the "power sellers" differently than they would you or me. I imagine ebay compares how many transactions Huztl has to how many we have and gives Huztl the nod..

As far as Chinese parts; if you polish up a turd all you have is a shiny turd.

And you spent all that time playing in $H!T
Part cloning is fundamentally criminal in my opinion, at least while the original manufacturer who did all the research and development is still selling that model.
Take the TS420 cut saw air filtration system for example. They spent in excess of 2million dollars in research and development.
Their latest rendition of the TS420/500i air filter kits are made in a Chinese plant for Stihl.
Stihl carries parts for models 15 years after production stops on a given model.
I would think it's OK to produce aftermarket parts after production stops though.

Wish they would make up their mind where the engine oil goes. That dipstick string ain't worth a toot, keeps bending and getting twisted up. So where do you put the bar oil, in a 5 gallon bucket to dip your bar in?

Steve
In a 5 gallon bucket, exactly. I hear used motor oil is the best to use.

I doubt if you could go to ebay and get much justice from them on Huztl purchases, it seems that ebay treats the "power sellers" differently than they would you or me. I imagine ebay compares how many transactions Huztl has to how many we have and gives Huztl the nod..
Your position seems to have changed on eBay in the last week or so did something happen? On eBay they only slow you down on the power sellers. They still act and those complaints cost the seller dollars. Just gotta wait a week to tear them a new one. I wrote my complaint and set a calendar reminder came back and pasted it into the form. They see a reduction in anger in the cooling off period. Not with cut and paste. My understanding is Several well placed complaints they will temporarily lose the power seller for x amount of time. At first people would just let it go. So part of this is how we trained them. I hope everyone will hold them accountable and this goes away. HL can be just as bad and they are on our shore.

What makes chainsaw parts so exclusive? The day a car manufacturer releases a new model you'll see aftermarket parts available. Walk into any auto parts store and you'll have your choice of multiple price/quality ranges. Those car manufactures spent millions on development as well.

I get the point about paying for quality. There's no doubt that Stihl makes a superior product. But to argue that somehow the chainsaw market should be excluded from the aftermarket has no merit unless we apply the same rules to all aftermarket products.

Your position seems to have changed on eBay in the last week or so did something happen? On eBay they only slow you down on the power sellers. They still act and those complaints cost the seller dollars. Just gotta wait a week to tear them a new one. I wrote my complaint and set a calendar reminder came back and pasted it into the form. They see a reduction in anger in the cooling off period. Not with cut and paste. My understanding is Several well placed complaints they will temporarily lose the power seller for x amount of time. At first people would just let it go. So part of this is how we trained them. I hope everyone will hold them accountable and this goes away. HL can be just as bad and they are on our shore.
My position on ebay remains basically as it was. Ebay appears to be a good place to buy parts. I'm getting away from ebay in the selling department because of scammers taking advantage of their policies of not helping sellers with buyer scams and parts changing. An honest person will do fine buying on ebay I think, but an honest seller will have problems from time to time.
I bought some parts from power sellers and was perfectly happy with them but noticed on the feedback page they had a thing that said I'd have to wait a week to post negative or mediocre feedback so I assumed they were treating the power sellers differently than they were the smaller sellers like me.

Back