The HUZTL scam

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I would expect the cases to line up at least and not leak how bout that?
I have no idea what case parts in particular those were, or where they came from or what they cost. Were the bad parts replaced?

If it was a kit was the parts QC problem noticed during assembly as it should have been? Manufacturing assembly isn't as easy a job as some think.

My G621 clone didn't have any problems with case castings or so far with bearings or seals, with several years of use. On the other hand the clutch was on backwards, and the cylinder bolt holes were oversized enough to allow a lot of rotation. But I have no complaints given what I paid.

A friend of mine brought me 2 - 261's a few years ago , both had been run over and had case damage, opposite sides. There were enough parts to put one good running saw back together. I had already known that the possibility that using unmatched cases was a gamble but I spent around 5 hrs assembling a complete saw, nothing expended but my time. I thought I had beat the odds because the completed saw seemed to run just fine! Long story short, the saw lasted a couple of tank fulls of fuel before it started to screech horribly. It came back to me and I checked everything again thinking that the clutch bearing had gone dry, sent it back, lol and behold, same noise,lesson learned! The saw is now out of commission and will be used as a parts saw. My friend didn't hold it against me as I only received a case of Corona for payment, and he helped me drink it.

A chainsaw is a dangerous machine. I have seen how close these copies can be to oem and with the addition of key oem parts will be safe and perform. So if the aftermarket parts we buy are subpar, I mentioned in earlier posts, that we needed to hold their feet to the fire. We as a people are so stressed and busy with huge responsibilities that is harder to do that it sounds. So I tried.

But there is nothing wrong having a healthy expectation that parts made by other companies could be as good as Stihl. Those that own a larger Stihl chainsaw and had the pleasure of assembling the ms380 kit would know first hand how high the part quality can be. I am not above pushing my supplier to reach the goal of awesome. FarmerTec is that company for me until I sense it's useless to try. They have the resources and the distribution. People come from all over the world and gather here. Many of them me included buy FarmerTec parts.

Stihl should demand that every silver tech be able to dump a FarmerTec kit out on the table put all the screws in one pile, substitutions allowed :) and assemble that kit. It presents immediate teaching opportunities that they would only slowly aquire otherwise.

There are lots of pluses here. And as a group we have a lot of power over them to behave. We should use it wisely

It's sort of like buying SnapOn or Harbor Freight ****

SnapOn man comes around in the truck every week willing replace anything that is slightly broken........

Well almost.... once a plastic dead blow hammer he wouldn't replace until the sand leaked out. So when we saw him pull in, we put a hachet in the vise blade up and commenced to wacking...we got the new hammer.

A chainsaw is a dangerous machine. I have seen how close these copies can be to oem and with the addition of key oem parts will be safe and perform. So if the aftermarket parts we buy are subpar, I mentioned in earlier posts, that we needed to hold their feet to the fire. We as a people are so stressed and busy with huge responsibilities that is harder to do that it sounds. So I tried.

But there is nothing wrong having a healthy expectation that parts made by other companies could be as good as Stihl. Those that own a larger Stihl chainsaw and had the pleasure of assembling the ms380 kit would know first hand how high the part quality can be. I am not above pushing my supplier to reach the goal of awesome. FarmerTec is that company for me until I sense it's useless to try. They have the resources and the distribution. People come from all over the world and gather here. Many of them me included buy FarmerTec parts.

Stihl should demand that every silver tech be able to dump a FarmerTec kit out on the table put all the screws in one pile, substitutions allowed :) and assemble that kit. It presents immediate teaching opportunities that they would only slowly aquire otherwise.

There are lots of pluses here. And as a group we have a lot of power over them to behave. We should use it wisely
Just say you and others 'educate' farmertech to the point they are making quality problem free kit saws. What have you achieved? Who is gonna design the new tech for them to steal if farmertech produce oem quality saws. China has no respect for intellectual property & until 'we' as the consumer tell them enough is enough, they will continue to damage all the companies who invested so much designing these products we hold dear. China aint gonna be doing the R&D for the next new FI generation of saws, but I'm sure as hell they'll happily steal it from businesses who invest in OUR lands & sell it to any mug who dumb enough to play ball with them. China is getting a better deal from YOU than your getting from them.

Just say you and others 'educate' farmertech to the point they are making quality problem free kit saws. What have you achieved? Who is gonna design the new tech for them to steal if farmertech produce oem quality saws. China has no respect for intellectual property & until 'we' as the consumer tell them enough is enough, they will continue to damage all the companies who invested so much designing these products we hold dear. China aint gonna be doing the R&D for the next new FI generation of saws, but I'm sure as hell they'll happily steal it from businesses who invest in OUR lands & sell it to any mug who dumb enough to play ball with them. China is getting a better deal from YOU than your getting from them.

I am only concerned with my wallet. This is not about me. In fact I am going to unsubscribe because I have said all I can. Just trying to shed some light on a confusing issue that we were being affected by.

09dc41512a74d8b438a77fbd8a956413.gif

I am only concerned with my wallet. This is not about me. In fact I am going to unsubscribe because I have said all I can. Just trying to shed some light on a confusing issue that we were being affected by.

09dc41512a74d8b438a77fbd8a956413.gif
Before you go, where's my bloody copycat chainsaw winch? until such time as they make a reasonable one, or the costs of the 'original' come way down, I'll keep asking.

The Snap-On man doesn't stop at my house. I have fixed a lot of my old cars and equipment with HF tools though. Maybe this explains some things...

SnapOn man will help you out wherever you are. I stopped one truck at lunch place/fast food outlet and got tools replaced.

I fix my 9N Ford with what tools fit in the 5" X 6" X 15" toolbox. If it can't be fixed with those you're SOFL

P.S. While we are on this, all of the local Sears stores are closing. I need to go get the crapsmen Chi-Com replacements, for what USA stuff I have that has broken.

In the future there is a used tool place that has old SnapOn Mac SK tools that are USA. I'll buy those before HF ****

SnapOn man will help you out wherever you are. I stopped one truck at lunch place/fast food outlet and got tools replaced.

I fix my 9N Ford with what tools fit in the 5" X 6" X 15" toolbox. If it can't be fixed with those you're SOFL
I think you missed the point. I'd like to have Snap-On tools, pro saws, and a $60k pickup, and maybe a BMW. Ain't none of that happening, but I'll keep making my cheap used stuff work. I prefer it that way anyhow.

I've recently been looking for a replacement for my wife's 2000 rav 4 that has served her well, it has over 250k and still runs fine, just don't know how much longer we can expect it to last. It's had regular service but no major mechanical issues, other than the key fob breaking and leaving her stranded in a parking lot about a half hour from home it's been dead reliable. My search for a replacement turned up some interesting choices. A low mileage Rav 4 that is less than 5 years old will run you upwards of 15k, ouch! A low mileage Beamer or Mercedes under 10yrs old will run you between 4K and 6k. Mind you , low mileage to me is 100k and under. Her car is an all wheel drive and where we live, that is a must, we live at the 3600 ' level and get snow over a foot many times a year. The luxury cars would only be for the times when there is no snow, and I'd keep the RAV for when we want to go visit her son and our grand children in Lake Tahoe.

I have no idea what case parts in particular those were, or where they came from or what they cost. Were the bad parts replaced?

If it was a kit was the parts QC problem noticed during assembly as it should have been? Manufacturing assembly isn't as easy a job as some think.

My G621 clone didn't have any problems with case castings or so far with bearings or seals, with several years of use. On the other hand the clutch was on backwards, and the cylinder bolt holes were oversized enough to allow a lot of rotation. But I have no complaints given what I paid.
MS 200T cases I wanted to test them out and sure enough they were mismatched to the degree of causing a vac leak. Also the bearings in them were sloppy.

I think you missed the point. I'd like to have Snap-On tools, pro saws, and a $60k pickup, and maybe a BMW. Ain't none of that happening, but I'll keep making my cheap used stuff work. I prefer it that way anyhow.

Never owned a new cartruck But I've got: 62 willys wagon hurricane 6, 67 CJ5 V6 Buick overdrive, 68 camaro RS/SS 69 LT1 vette motor m21 muncie 12 bolt rear, 73 C10 292-6 (no emmisions 67 carb) m21 muncie trans, ..............newest POS is an 1989 s10 baja 4.3 V6 with all the goodies like trans cooler and bash plates factory. A good part of all those are USA made.

All my first cars were mostly free and that's how I learned to fix them: 66 valiant, 69 dart, 67 F-100, 73 F-250.........

P.S. only new pro saw I own is the 066 that came with a deal on my sawmill. All the others were freebies I rebuilt or paid not much more than scrap prices for. Almost all have OEM parts, some NOS/OEM. Only aftermarket stuff is Italian.

I restore 60/70s muscle cars... a lot of the parts are made in China, copies of original parts. Not, not as good as the oem stuff, but they don't make it anymore. Like mentioned earlier in this post, there are tons of aftermarket parts for cars, I also agree, no reason to single out chainsaws. Unless they start making every part for every saw they ever made, then we need aftermarket parts. I'd rather have a saw with aftermarket parts that runs and I can use than one with broken/missing parts and not running any day of the week.

Latest posts

Back