The HUZTL scam

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I restore 60/70s muscle cars... a lot of the parts are made in China, copies of original parts. Not, not as good as the oem stuff, but they don't make it anymore. Like mentioned earlier in this post, there are tons of aftermarket parts for cars, I also agree, no reason to single out chainsaws. Unless they start making every part for every saw they ever made, then we need aftermarket parts. I'd rather have a saw with aftermarket parts that runs and I can use than one with broken/missing parts and not running any day of the week.

I brought OEM GM fenders for my camaro for $95 Rear quarter for $145

The fitted block 69 LT1 was < $500 (Hi-nickle w/11:1 TRW floating pins).

Had a friend at GM dealarship back then. But could have got knockoffs for less

I junkyard scrounged a lot of OEM parts.

When I think aftermarket back then it was all USA like Holley Crower TRW and Eldebrock......all gone now as far as made in America

Your talking about aftermarket performance parts vs replacement parts as far as edelbrock etc... I have a 66 gto I'm restoring, last I checked gm does not make new quarter panels or anything else. I'm not going to pay more for some used ones needing work than what I paid for the car. I'd rather have made in straight solid taiwan panels than patched and puttied panels any day of the week.

Your talking about aftermarket performance parts vs replacement parts as far as edelbrock etc... I have a 66 gto I'm restoring, last I checked gm does not make new quarter panels or anything else. I'm not going to pay more for some used ones needing work than what I paid for the car. I'd rather have made in straight solid taiwan panels than patched and puttied panels any day of the week.

Well my friend has working OEM tri-power carb setup for a 389 but you'd prefer Chi-Com.....

GM makes almost NOTHING in USA anymore, new cars or parts. They import the cheap parts and call it "American made"....... remember that factory they built after we bailed them out, in BRAZIL?

Ok, so you clearly just hate anything not made in the USA... to each their own. I will buy what I need to fix my junk no matter where it's made. Until someone in the USA steps up to fill the void, then it is what it is.

I was talking body panels anyways. I have the original carter carb for it.

Maybe we should take a look at why companies are doing this. You can't blame everything on the current generation because after all it took more than a couple of voting and working generations to get to our present situation.

So anyway,
Huztl us sh.t
I have finally got my 361 running
But half of it is now OEM Stihl due to Huztl shiz being utter garbage. So financially,
I should have bought a second hand OEM saw and rebuilt it if it needed it.
This half Chinese/German saw owes me $550Au

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

attachment.php

So anyway,
Huztl us sh.t
I have finally got my 361 running
But half of it is now OEM Stihl due to Huztl shiz being utter garbage. So financially,
I should have bought a second hand OEM saw and rebuilt it if it needed it.
This half Chinese/German saw owes me $550Au

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Here is what I put into a 036 Pro ($244), that was lean seized and I got for free. All parts were OEM/NOS stihl or dealer. The saws bottom end was sound and I could have omitted the clutch upgrade and new B/C ($244 - $98 = $146 ). Those are spares for this and other saws. EVERY replacement part was dealer or NOS/OEM stihl.

And I have 100% stihl and NO HUZTL!

036 rebuild.png 036 on caddy.jpg 036 rebuilt 46 chevy.jpg

What did I end up with? A Stihl that was as good as dealer refurbished with NO CHI-COM parts at all. Also no fitment issues or cob jobs to make cheap parts fit/work

P.S. It also has a GERMAN Bosch WSR 6 F sparky. I found a big box of those on Ebay and they fit most all of my stihls

The circlips were cheap anyway..Most of the saws I get just need cleaned up and a top end kit. Everybody uses ethanol fuel and probably 50:1 or worse and the HL screws are set at about a half turn. I check the bottom end but most are okay. The plastic is generally broken and I do replace it with either a good used piece or Chicom..around here it'll get broke again anyway..

Here is what I put into a 036 Pro ($244)

Got that beat, trouble is it does not happen very often for me. My MS 440 came to me with a burned up P&C. Turns out, the saw had just been tuned, new HD 2 filter, stihl fuel filter, and plug. But someone set the Hi at 1/4 turn out (instead of the low) and burned the exhaust side. Got an OEM piston (were only $50 a year ago) and cleaned the cylinder and with a timing advance and base gasket delete I have a great running MS 440.

That said, the Cross/MMWS top end on my 066 runs a good deal stronger than stock and has been very reliable so far.

Got that beat, trouble is it does not happen very often for me. My MS 440 came to me with a burned up P&C. Turns out, the saw had just been tuned, new HD 2 filter, stihl fuel filter, and plug. But someone set the Hi at 1/4 turn out (instead of the low) and burned the exhaust side. Got an OEM piston (were only $50 a year ago) and cleaned the cylinder and with a timing advance and base gasket delete I have a great running MS 440.

That said, the Cross/MMWS top end on my 066 runs a good deal stronger than stock and has been very reliable so far.

Got some 066 pictures of cylinder quality, before, and after, install? What happened to make it run better than OEM? Some? Nothing? Lots? Did it fit?

Most all agree here you can't make a silk purse of a sows ear concerning cylinders.....

I've got an all OEM 038M that was free, from a logger friend. Filthy, carb and recoil was full of sawdust. Cleaned that out and ran fine. A newish OEM piston inside still had machine marks. That was pre-2000 and that 038 is my go to 70cc saw, but have two 038S--> 038m conversions too.

I put in more than a $50 piston to the free 038: new 25" ES bar and a RS chain. So Your 440 has me beat, unless I kept the old B/C........well I did but for other saws......

But....... I have a super running 056MII that needed an oil pump, came with NOS 20" stihl bar (never seen a chain), and a complete 026 that just needed a piston............$50.

I scrounged OEM parts from a free 056 parts carcass to get the pump working. bcorradi (where has he been?) had NOS/OEM 026 P/C for I think $70 back then... so a 056 MII and 026 for $120 w/new 20" stihl bar...whoops the 026 got some new seals too ($14?) :$135 USD for 056 MII and 026 w/all OEM

Happy Holiday!

Last I checked, they are not making these parts new... some still maybe on the shelf hidden here and there, but by this point most is hoarded and sold for well above what it's worth. If I need a piston/cylinder for a saw I'm not spending as much for that as the whole saws worth. That's the only point I need to make... no aftermarket, eventually no oem parts... then what?

I'm building a Cuda right now and half the body will have been stamped in Taiwan. I could never afford the nos sheetmetal... without aftermarket, this car and thousand 1000s would be scrap. But I guess some people prefer that than use something not oem.

My 69 belvedere has over seas stamped quarters and floor pan... guess it's junk and should just scrap it!

1007071303.jpg

Last I checked, they are not making these parts new... some still maybe on the shelf hidden here and there, but by this point most is hoarded and sold for well above what it's worth. If I need a piston/cylinder for a saw I'm not spending as much for that as the whole saws worth. That's the only point I need to make... no aftermarket, eventually no oem parts... then what?

I'm building a Cuda right now and half the body will have been stamped in Taiwan. I could never afford the nos sheetmetal... without aftermarket, this car and thousand 1000s would be scrap. But I guess some people prefer that than use something not oem.

My 69 belvedere has over seas stamped quarters and floor pan... guess it's junk and should just scrap it!

View attachment 614319
Put an older 426 Hemi in it and it'll be worth a couple of hundred grand...

Got some 066 pictures of cylinder quality, before, and after, install? What happened to make it run better than OEM? Some? Nothing? Lots? Did it fit?

Most all agree here you can't make a silk purse of a sows ear concerning cylinders.....

I've got an all OEM 038M that was free, from a logger friend. Filthy, carb and recoil was full of sawdust. Cleaned that out and ran fine. A newish OEM piston inside still had machine marks. That was pre-2000 and that 038 is my go to 70cc saw, but have two 038S--> 038m conversions too.

I put in more than a $50 piston to the free 038: new 25" ES bar and a RS chain. So Your 440 has me beat, unless I kept the old B/C........well I did but for other saws......

But....... I have a super running 056MII that needed an oil pump, came with NOS 20" stihl bar (never seen a chain), and a complete 026 that just needed a piston............$50.

I scrounged OEM parts from a free 056 parts carcass to get the pump working. bcorradi (where has he been?) had NOS/OEM 026 P/C for I think $70 back then... so a 056 MII and 026 for $120 w/new 20" stihl bar...whoops the 026 got some new seals too ($14?) :$135 USD for 056 MII and 026 w/all OEM

Happy Holiday!
In contrast, the 038 Magnum I got in a trade consisted of mostly the case and crankshaft, had to rebuild the whole thing almost. If I hadn't used aftermarket parts it wouldn't have been worth fixing up..basically what I bought was similar to the Huztl 038 kit less the case, crank, and a few parts to the chain oiler, purchased a few parts at a time..

Latest posts

Back