The Kart Engine Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another question for you Mark. What carbs are on those MC10s? Look like flatbacks of one sort or another, but the pump housing isn't flat. Never seen those before.

Lord, carbs for these engines could occupy a thread in itself!

The carburetors on the Mc 10's are the small McCulloch kart carburetor. The use the flat back fuel pump and metering diaphragms. I think the three that I have (including the one on the Mc 40) are all the venturi style and not the pressure pulse type but I haven't actually been inside them yet.

Mark

I had a nice talk yesterday with a gentleman that had a top end for my AH-81.

He told me about the Frankenstein stuff they used to do with the 81 motors. The wildest he got was to cut the top of the jug off to fit a sleeve that could accept a US-820 piston and then put a head on it. He said it wasn't a high-winder, but the torque out of corners would snap your head off.

Nirvana.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Holy CRAP Charles! I sat here in stunned silence for more than a few minutes............................just looking at those pics with glazed eyes...:yoyo:

Yeah, I'm still mopping up the drool from when I saw these.

You should see the 8, EIGHT, MC-10s this guy built.

So touched by the excess, I had to pour myself a drink! :cheers:

Helps me cope with my 101 not being here yet.

Good night

and good luck...

Kinda early for taperin' off on the west coast...

Wha', wha'? Time isn't the same everywhere?

Last edited:
Good night

and good luck...

Kinda early for taperin' off on the west coast...

Wha', wha'? Time isn't the same everywhere?

Thanks Charles. You're right. it's just 7:30PM (1930) here.......But since I usualy don't hit the hay until 0100 or 0200.............getting to sleep on the 'day shift' schedule takes a LONG time. I have some serious tossin' and turnin' to look forward to. Best start early (and with some natural and brown liquer sleep aids). Will spend a bit of 'snuggle time' with the girls first too.

bummer dude.

Yep. I'll be glad when I'm off this modified duty day shift ####.

Latest posts

Back