The Kart Engine Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe it or not but I got a question that has stumped some of us over in the MAC thread. My 101B's connecting rod slides so far off center when the engine is flywheel down that it binds on the crank so much so you can't turn the crank without some leverage. It also binds just a tad when the saw is held clutch side down. What do I need to fix this? New rod bearings, wrist pin bearings, new rod, all, some or none? Thanks, Ron

Ron-

Sounds like you may need new bearings on both ends of the rod and a wrist pin as well. Check the tolerances for the rod- if it's that far out of whack you may need to replace the rod.

Wonderfull thread:clap: Great video's that one in the 60's imagine racing one those thing's haul ass! I gonna burn some midnight oil the 2101 is coming apart I am building a go cart LOL!

Wonderfull thread:clap: Great video's that one in the 60's imagine racing one those thing's haul ass! I gonna burn some midnight oil the 2101 is coming apart I am building a go cart LOL!

There've been a few 'vintage' Rupp and McCulloch kart and kart engines/parts listings on our local CL over the last few months Norm. If I had the money......:D

That stuff is just way cool:rock: When I was a kid I had we had a couple go kart's but nothing that cool, or that fast! That was what I wante'd. I love it Nostalgia.

That stuff is just way cool:rock: When I was a kid I had we had a couple go kart's but nothing that cool, or that fast! That was what I wante'd. I love it Nostalgia.

The Sebastopol flea market property used to be a Kart track in the 60s and early 70s. I can remember going to the flea market as a kid and seeing a couple derilict Karts in the weeds. Nobody wanted them then...

In Santa Rosa, a guy over on whatever road starts with a "C" that goes between Santa Rosa avenue and Petaluma Hill road (can't remember right now dammit) ran a kart shop out of his garage. Near the backside of where Best Buy and all that is now. Over near where the Raiders used to have their practice field. Think that little shop closed down around 1983-1984 or so. I still remember seeing SHELVES of McCulloch Kart engines in his garage.......and I was only 10 at the time. Was getting small parts for an old B&S powered go kart I had at the time...

Wow, never knew that about the flea market. I can't think of the road name either, but know where you are talking about. I remember when go kart's were a real big deal! Glad they still are.

i lived in lafayette and ran a bug kart in the east bay area in the early 60's. it had a clinton a-490 on it. i remember the sounds of the macs and homelites that dominated the scene then. i'm starting to look at my 55 with a new eye now.which mac is it kartwise ? i've seen it on here somewhere. lot of fun. really enjoyed the videos !
i think cotati was one of the places we ran. martinez too.

Last edited:
Turtle561, small world laffyette are is beautifull. We hunt in Moraga, I work in cotati. I would love to see more kart video's:popcorn:

i lived in lafayette and ran a bug kart in the east bay area in the early 60's. it had a clinton a-490 on it. i remember the sounds of the macs and homelites that dominated the scene then. i'm starting to look at my 55 with a new eye now.which mac is it kartwise ? i've seen it on here somewhere. lot of fun. really enjoyed the videos !
i think cotati was one of the places we ran. martinez too.

The Sebastopol track was sepperate from the Cotati track. People were really spoiled here as far as Kart tracks are concerned methinks. The tracks were probably less than 10 miles apart. I've heard that Petaluma had a Kart track at one time as well. I don't know if all these tracks were up and running at the same time. Closest Kart track I know of now is near Dixon. That's about 1.5 hours away from here.

Aaron I vaguely remeber one in Petaluma too. Seem's to me when I was about thirteen they turne'd it into a track for R.C Car's. Been a long time.

Latest posts

Back