The little Stihl MS210 that couldn't do it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffreyZirkle

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Today I pulled up in front of my house to discover the next door neighbor had company over and my parking spot being occupied by one of his friends. I pulled on in to the next available spot and watched with great amusement as one of 3 guys pulling with all his might on a little saw trying to get it started. This went on for about a minute till the guy wore his arm out trying to get it started. To no avail it just would not start. I exited my truck, and the anguish of pulling began again to the man was all out of steam.

The golf trio, stunned by the saw that would not start. You could tell, none of the three have done a hard days work at any time in their life. And once again the pulling of the cord begins again, with such force, clear up to his ear he pulled that cord till I feared he would pull the cord clear of the saw. Then he was done for once again.

I spoke up, what are you gentlemen up to today. My neighbor, dubbed loser by his wife a few weeks ago during one of their routine fights, spoke up and stated they are going to cut a root from the ground at the front porch.

I asked them if the saw had any fuel in it. With a great responce his golfing buddy stated, why yes the tank is full of gas. So I asked to see the saw. The saw was handed to me and I did a few pulls on all 3 settings to see if I could tell what might be amiss with the little saw. After all they had pulled on it as if it was a MS661. I pulled the breather assembly from the saw and smelled the carb, very faint smell of fuel. I sat it down in front of them, opened the fuel tank. It was bone dry. Well there you go gentlemen, it is out of fuel. Astonished that the tank was empty, the golfing buddy stated, well I just filled it up last week when I used it. Hmmmm mmmmm

I said, well you might want to fill it back up, and while you are at it, tighten the chain up before it falls off. I then took out my pocket knife and cut the root off they was attempting to remove and went into the house.

They just stared at me as I shut my house door. I few minutes later I took the dogs out and they was still pulling on the cord trying to start that little saw. Go figure.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

People like that would be better off with a battery saw or electric.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Lol. It was time to leave quick like before... "hey neighbor, can I borrow your saw"?
Fat chance of that, they have been parking in my spot since I moved in. Been a year now, and they still have not gotten they hint to stop parking in front of my house. They would walk through my dogs crap and complain rather than park in front of their own house. I had to stop letting the dogs use the yard because they complained to the city councel. The mayor asked them what was wrong with their parking spaces in front of their own house. We'll that is for company when they come over. Smh

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

We had a tornado through here a month ago, and the sounds of poorly tuned box-store saws with dull chains has been non-stop.

Our neighbors decided that burning was better than dragging to the curb, and so they lit some stuff up on a windy day. The fire department had to come and put out what was left of their garage and power pole.

From what I heard it was the second time in two weeks that they had set that pole on fire. First (and last) time for the garage though...

Back