The longest bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0995.JPG
That's a big tree.. I have never even seen a tree anywhere near that size. Seen some 40in tree's here in Michigan . That's just unreal. I am sure back in the day they had some super sharp crosscuts and Axe's.

Here is a pumpkin for you. Not that it matters much, for reference I'm 6'5".

IMG_20170802_160825.jpg
Isn't that kind of back a$$wards?
^^^^^Above " I have a 72" cannon bar large mount stihl, but no saw to put it on"
It is not backward if you call to find the delivery month for the cannon order placed today! It is easier to be patient for the saw to show up on TP thread for the bar than the other way around in my experience. Of course I jumped on the 661 with ported cylinder for less than new cost. Happened it had little use and empty muff with no soot:clap: will power my 72" forester or 60" cannon (in avatar), 50" cannon all on alaskan mill frame:yes:

That's a bitchin OG pic and saw. I know the new gear is different than the older gear, I still wish I could have bought and old MAC off the shelf and ran it for awhile. I think if I ever trip over one I'll buy it and bring it back to new and run the hell out of it.

That's a bitchin OG pic and saw. I know the new gear is different than the older gear, I still wish I could have bought and old MAC off the shelf and ran it for awhile. I think if I ever trip over one I'll buy it and bring it back to new and run the hell out of it.

Yeah, the new stuff makes me chuckle.

I started just about when OG logging was on the way out, there were 100s of old fallers that hung it up to grow pot.
I was able to borrow anything I needed, trade a bottle of whisky maybe. I did buy a few new saws, which are now considered relics.
The big saws from the late '60s have a direct personality, some of that was lost to A/V in the '70s.
Any sawyer worth his salt should spend a few hours running one.

Back