The longest bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this picture from Bob Gillespie. His is the grandson of the man by the same name that ran Seattle Mill and Mine-Titan chainsaws.

Just realized I actually have a bunch of cool pics from the factory archives I need to post up.

The 20 foot bar never really worked and might have been a novelty idea. If you pick the saw up the chain would probably sag more than a foot.

Plus it weighed close to 400 pounds.

How many guys run chainsaws in labcoats?

Love these long (and stubby) bar posts though!

Cannon's are way cheaper than $800 nowdays. $665 for an 84" and like $550 for a 72". Those musr be Aussie prices. However, that IS the first GB bar I have seen with at least a small amount of belly. Most are straight and narrow like a needle.

My GB bars have a flat profile to them, compared to my more oval Stihl bars. I like them for cutting straighter face and back cuts though.

You also have to realize that bars (like saws) are a lot more expensive in Oz than in the states. Even bars made in Oz are cheaper here. Many complaints about that down under. Though at today's exchange rate of $1 AUD to $0.72 USD, that may no longer be the case. I should buy Aussy dollars now... man, they are cheap! Same with the CDN dollar, it is only $0.73 USD. NZ dollars are at a low of $0.68 today.

My GB bars have a flat profile to them, compared to my more oval Stihl bars. I like them for cutting straighter face and back cuts though.

You also have to realize that bars (like saws) are a lot more expensive in Oz than in the states. Even bars made in Oz are cheaper here. Many complaints about that down under. Though at today's exchange rate of $1 AUD to $0.72 USD, that may no longer be the case. I should buy Aussy dollars now... man, they are cheap! Same with the CDN dollar, it is only $0.73 USD. NZ dollars are at a low of $0.68 today.
I have run into the oval shaped issue when cutting a 60" tree but still prefer the way a chain rides on them compared to the straight.

i like oregon powermatch or carlton speed tip bars myself. i have had gb bars on smaller saws and they seem to work ok.

25" on the 041 or the 038 mag. But most of the time they only wear a 18"

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Most of my Husky 65's have 20-24" bars, my 61 (you know the one) has a Windsor 32", and I have a rusty but new 36" powermatch i will probably put on a 2100 or the 394. I have a Ford Eagle and a Husky 35, I think both have 14" bars

I would like to get a 48" for show, but the 36 will cut anything I have in these parts..

To the guy that bought the 144".. .tell him the log is the wrong way around in the mill :p

Some of you have already seen it, but here's the 61 with the 32" bar.. it was about 3" shy of getting through that log

This thread prompted me to take inventory of my bars.. husky mount unless otherwise specified
36" oregon 404
34" windsor (thought it was 32 until I measured)
32" oregon stihl mount
28" windsor Jonsered mount
26" Oregon stihl mount
about 4 24" oregons, 375 and 404
a pile of smaller ones

I had a few that needed some serious cleaning, deburring, and greasing.. so I spent a couple hours and got it all done

Latest posts

Back