The longest bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
72" on my ported and popup 084.

716171348_6Ax7y-M.jpg

Here's the same bar on my 076 Super.

530494649_i7fvs-M.jpg

Wow, lotsa nice big bore saws out there. Not much need for the looooong bars nowa days, so why do we own them? Cause they look bad ass and remind us of the hey-days of logging and timber falling.
for work MS460 with 32"
firewood saw, 064 with 36" and 24"
For show 051 with a 60"
For exercise Mac 740 with 36"

I have a 42" bar that came with my 480cd but I haven't even tried it yet. I found a large buckskin tamarack that it would be perfect on but I have been practicing on smaller trees until I get enough courage to try the big boys.

Ive got a pair of 60" GB Ti roller noses for my Husky 3120 (see sig) but they've never cut a tree down. I've always used 42" maximum for that as they flex too much for horizontal cuts and it's those big trees where you really want to be accurate.
The 60" bars are mainly for the mill and getting stuck into the odd larger logs.

Big bars on big saws only "look" fun. They aren't...

I totally agree. But since when did 'need' factor into 95% of saws owned by members of this site? Myself included.

Chris B.

Heh heh.
Good point :D

They're still not fun to use for long periods of time though and CAD is all about fun, fun, and more fun :cheers:

I have a 72" large mount stihl cannon bar but still no saw to put it on.

:chainsawguy:

Back