The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would a mostly complete saw do you any good? I have one that has some corrosion on the bottom edges, I will pull the muffler and have a look at the p/c.

That would. Let me know if the piston is good and how much.
Thanks Scott

Homelite XL123

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

Darn, another with a broken handle.

Looking for a carb for an XL-103 I am workiing on. I have a Homelite 150 parts saw if anyone needs it. Plug hole is stripped and handle bar is no good but the rest looks ok.

Keith

Keith: There is the carb. you are looking for. And, spares to boot.

I havn't found the box the Homie XL-101 carbs. are in yet. May be a few more days.

Finished storage layout for the fishing rod/reels today. Almost thirty of them.:rolleyes2:

Chris - do you have a McCulloch 15 laying around? I wonder if the filter will match up. If so, I should have the filter at least, I might be able to find the cover as well up in the attic.

Mark

I was thinking the exact same thing. They are both HL carbys, or at least close enough.

I don't have any Mac 15 stuff, or anything close. If you can hook me up, that'd be great.

Chris B.

I need the filter element for one of those setups like Chris pictured/mentioned. One from a Mac 15 should work fine. I need it for a Bolens Thrifty 3010 that I 'm getting running for a local non-profit association that is taking over the operation and maintenance of a state park (which has lost funding and equipment). They have a few old donated saws that will be used to demonstrate old logging practices and technology. The Bolens has the filter base, screw, and end cap. No element however. Looks just like a Mac 15 setup. Saw has the same Tillotson HC.

No that antique isn't going to be used for park maintenance. A few of us did some of that yesterday with our "modern" saws. My only saws with both chainbrakes and spark arrestors are my McCulloch PM700 and SP-81 ( once I swapped a CB clutch cover onto the SP-81.......thanks for the cover assembly Wes!). They did fine for being 30-40 year old magnesium.:D

Last edited:
Darn, another with a broken handle.

Keith: There is the carb. you are looking for. And, spares to boot.

I havn't found the box the Homie XL-101 carbs. are in yet. May be a few more days.

Finished storage layout for the fishing rod/reels today. Almost thirty of them.:rolleyes2:

Thanks for following up. I just want to convince myself that I am correct and stop wearing out the pull rope. Are you saying the saw pictured has the correct carb too? It looks like it just a few differences.

Last edited:
Last edited:
An oiled choregirl is authentic to some makes.

Yep. That's what my Mono/Wards WD60 took. Fits right in the can. The Bolens (and the Mac 15, and Chris' saw) doesn't have a can to hold a Chore-Girl/Chore Boy (they're "boy" now....less sexist I guess). They only have a base plate, an end cap, the cylindrical Skinner filter element, and the screw/nut setup that holds it all together.

I need the filter element for one of those setups like Chris pictured/mentioned. One from a Mac 15 should work fine. I need it for a Bolens Thrifty 3010 that I 'm getting running for a local non-profit association that is taking over the operation and maintenance of a state park (which has lost funding and equipment). They have a few old donated saws that will be used to demonstrate old logging practices and technology. The Bolens has the filter base, screw, and end cap. No element however. Looks just like a Mac 15 setup. Saw has the same Tillotson HC.

No that antique isn't going to be used for park maintenance. A few of us did some of that yesterday with our "modern" saws. My only saws with both chainbrakes and spark arrestors are my McCulloch PM700 and SP-81 ( once I swapped a CB clutch cover onto the SP-81.......thanks for the cover assembly Wes!). They did fine for being 30-40 year old magnesium.:D

Once upon a time there was a guy who was going to send some files and stuff for a sprocket . Maybe he forgot. :pumpkin2:
I don't know if I have a filter for a widdle saw. :msp_confused: :rolleyes2:..:laugh:

attachment.php

I'm looking for an air filter assembly that bolts to the HL carby. Mine is for a Strunk but I suspect a lot of Lombards, David Bradleys, Lancasters, etc. will share more or less the same part. I have the round base, just need a filter and cap.

Here's a picture of a Strunk that has what I need:

attachment.php

Chris B.

The end cap is a little rusty. The filter needs to be cleaned.

attachment.php

Once upon a time there was a guy who was going to send some files and stuff for a sprocket . Maybe he forgot. :pumpkin2:
I don't know if I have a filter for a widdle saw. :msp_confused: :rolleyes2:..:laugh:

attachment.php

He didn't forget..........he has been waiting for a certain someone to respond to his post and PM's inquiring about tbe desired type and quantity of files and the quantity of gormet Folgers coffee needed to cover said sprocket and its shipping. Looks like he must add to his "best guess" of what to send to cover a widdle filter and its shipping (in addition to what's needed for the sprocket).

This is where this eccentric fellow dropped the ball: He SHOULD have kept pestering the generous fellow with the Shakespearean last name until that fellow responded (or just made a guess and hopefully sent out sufficient schtuff to cover things). Then he wouldn't be rambling away here in the third person at 0018 Hrs PST...:D

Last edited:
He didn't forget..........he has been waiting for a certain someone to respond to his post and PM's inquiring about tbe desired type and quantity of files and the quantity of gormet Folgers coffee needed to cover said sprocket and its shipping. Looks like he must add to his "best guess" of what to send to cover a widdle filter and its shipping (in addition to what's needed for the sprocket).

This is where this eccentric fellow dropped the ball: He SHOULD have kept pestering the generous fellow with the Shakespearean last name until that fellow responded (or just made a guess and hopefully sent out sufficient schtuff to cover things). Then he wouldn't be rambling away here in the third person at 0018 Hrs PST...:D

Just a few pages back at Post 615....:msp_smile:

http://www.arboristsite.com/stickies/192591-41.htm

Chris - I have the filter but not the top. PM me with your address and I will try to get it out Saturday if you are interested.

Any one else serious about any of the old saws I posted let me know soon, if I don't get it out Saturday it will be June before I am home again.

Mark

Lombard AP-42 type.

Looking for a rim drive/clutch drum for a Lombard AP-42 or a sprocket/drum. 3/8 x 7 natch.

A good Oregon number will work. Baileys don't list anything.

Lots of wierd and wonderfull stuff to trade or long green.

Carl.

Back