The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turns out the float wont float. Got a couple poor quailty pics for you.View attachment 283947View attachment 283949

Wow, yours is messed up.

attachment.php

attachment.php

PM me your address.;)

Ice? Makes sense. I thought it didnt look just right. Thanks for the info and advice fellas.

Shop I tinker at put a new plastic float in a snowblower less than a month ago. We had nearly an inch of rain here over the weekend. Same unit came back yesterday, guy said he didn't get it in the garage before the rain, and now the fuel was just running through it again. Don't know if it was full of water, but the fuel seems suspect, cause the bowl was full of green algae scum, and the float full of fuel. Never seen a leak in a plastic float before.

Still looking for a serviceable piston for a Homie 2000. Even a scored one would be an improvement over one with the ring land blown out.

I'm afraid to even try to run it now.

Other stuff I'm looking for:

Remington PL-5 or SL-11 piston.
Pioneer P-41 piston w/rings or P-40, P-42 or PP-405 piston.

I have a piston for a Homie 1050 if anyone needs it. (not a 100% positive I.D. on it.) Other old stuff to trade or long green.

Carl.

Carl,
I have this Rem, that I'd like to trade off. It seems to have great compression, and it runs... But, the ignition system is questionable; It has the ignition system from a poulan 361 that I graphed in, Plus the condenser is from a Mini Mac.

Also have this doozy Sl 16. missing parts, lots of corrsion on the outside, But the P/C look good.
All the starrter parts are there, cluch drum shows wear but is useable.

Looking for Poulan trades
Thanks Jim

chainsawwhisperer:

That's exactly why I'm looking for just the piston. I'd get the irresistable urge to restore yet another that I already have in the pile (an SL-11).

Thanks for the offer.

Carl.

B.T.W. The Wico and Phelon magnetos on the Poulan 361, Remy SL/PL types, Lombard AP42 types and the Homie XL-12/SXL all are very much alike. Only thing that varies is the position of the points box where it is clocked around the crankshaft. I have found no difference in the flywheels.

chainsawwhisperer:

That's exactly why I'm looking for just the piston. I'd get the irresistable urge to restore yet another that I already have in the pile (an SL-11).

Thanks for the offer.

Carl.

B.T.W. The Wico and Phelon magnetos on the Poulan 361, Remy SL/PL types, Lombard AP42 types and the Homie XL-12/SXL all are very much alike. Only thing that varies is the position of the points box where it is clocked around the crankshaft. I have found no difference in the flywheels.

The 361 ign. plate was very close, but the lower mounting boss had to be trimmed, and one of the oil elbows needed to be twisted 15 degrees. ..and I had to bend the mounting tab on the condenser over.

This saw needs a home Carl...You know you want it...lol
jim

Still looking for a serviceable piston for a Homie 2000. Even a scored one would be an improvement over one with the ring land blown out.

I'm afraid to even try to run it now.

Other stuff I'm looking for:

Remington PL-5 or SL-11 piston.
Pioneer P-41 piston w/rings or P-40, P-42 or PP-405 piston.

I have a piston for a Homie 1050 if anyone needs it. (not a 100% positive I.D. on it.) Other old stuff to trade or long green.

Carl.

I have a good piston and cylinder for a PL-5......hell i have the entire powerhead....just the mag side crankcase half has a "redneck' repair......to cure a porosity issue that caused an air leak. Let me know, i would like to rid myself of the entire thing....sans carb.

EDIT: It is a PL-5A...if that will still work...pm ME.

I am in need of a crankshaft for an AH-47, type 1125. It is on a David Bradley Direct drive, model # 917.60008. The one I have here, has been bent on the p.t.o side......shows over 1/4" of runout on the dail indicator. Not sure how it happened, but appears that the chain was WAY to tight, when i got it.

I have a nearly perfect gas tank from an orange lombard ap42. It has all the paint on the front and only has a tiny bit missing from the bottom. I also have the wrap handle from it in decent shape with most of the foam it perfect shape. Both are up for grabs for shipping and fees. I thought someone might want them. I also have a large quantity of xl12 and super ez parts. No good pcs or ignition.

Poulan 306A or 245A muffler stud for the tin muffler. #12-24 male threads one end and #10-32 female threads t'other. Just need one.

Wrist pin and bearing for Pioneer P-40 type. I think I can build a P-40 for a friend but the pin/bearing I have is brinnelled (dents & flats).

Callin' in my markers.

Carl.

I have a nearly perfect gas tank from an orange lombard ap42. It has all the paint on the front and only has a tiny bit missing from the bottom. I also have the wrap handle from it in decent shape with most of the foam it perfect shape. Both are up for grabs for shipping and fees. I thought someone might want them. I also have a large quantity of xl12 and super ez parts. No good pcs or ignition.

kris, what kinda parts you got for the SEZ? how's the paint? p&c in good shape? i might be interested.
what kinda stuff you needing?

I am in need of a crankshaft for an AH-47, type 1125. It is on a David Bradley Direct drive, model # 917.60008. The one I have here, has been bent on the p.t.o side......shows over 1/4" of runout on the dail indicator. Not sure how it happened, but appears that the chain was WAY to tight, when i got it.

Did you ever get a crankshaft for your saw? I might have a good one.

Back