The mighty Ash lives!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy howdy. Long time since I've been on here. We just moved to New Hampshire, and our old farmstead has a pair of ash trees older than I by a long stretch. They are still alive, and the larger one is almost OK! 4.5 feet dbh. I'm too busy to post pics from my phone, but I'll get them up soon. The previous owner says he never treated them, and that gives me cause to believe they might be resistant to the ash borer, as I'd thought this species to be functionally extinct in these parts. I understand the state might partner with me in preserving this titan, which sits not thirty feet from our house. I am also posting this in the commercial tree care forum, as I did have a tree business for a couple of years, but here is where I always hung out on here. Looking forward to climbing this one; it's a mighty one.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas?

Did anyone else notice al the gas here has alcohol in it? Apparently they made that a regulatory thing in the past year, because it wasn't that way last year....:mad:

Back