• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

The Moody 362 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has that same "downshift" 1/2 way through the cut that my 241 and 441 have. Almost ready to bog, then I think the M-tronic jumps in and adjusts something.

Stock time in soft wood: 5.44

Stock time in hardwoods: 9.09

Muffler modded soft wood: 5.29

Muffler modded in hardwood: 9.05

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If you're going to bother weighing them, why not use the industry standard and weigh them dry PHO? It's much more meaningful data that way.

I plan on it. But I wanted to show the difference between the two full of fluids with the standard bars and chains. Most people don't carry around dry power heads. So my own curiosity wants to see the difference.

How much time does it take M-Tronic to adjust to the mods? Also, do you usually get a better response from Muffler Mods?

It took it a couple of good cuts for it to adjust. Muffler mods help but results vary saw to saw. This one didn't change cut times drastically but it helped throttle response.

cool...don't you have to change just about everything from the air shroud forward? or do you have to change the carb bracket too...ill have to keep an eye out for your thread...also interested in seeing updates to this thread!! I like that 362

def want to see that.....I would like to do the same.

Hey Justin, did you happen to ship my cylinder on Friday like we spoke about last week? The GTG is creeping up on us here and I'd like to get some trigger time on it.

Can you post up some pics of your muffler?? Im always interested in different ideas from different guys. Thanks

I'll snap some pictures in the morning of what I've done but here's what the muffler looks like stock.

8epy5yvu.jpg
je7ahe8y.jpg
y5ejujyj.jpg

It's not really choked up compared to say the 461.
The 461 muffler is actually more open than most Stihl saws. It's opening is larger than the 460's. I dyno tested a 461 dual port muffler and there was no change in power kind of like your seeing in that 362. A really chocked up muffler is on a 361

The 461 muffler is actually more open than most Stihl saws. It's opening is larger than the 460's. I dyno tested a 461 dual port muffler and there was no change in power kind of like your seeing in that 362. A really chocked up muffler is on a 361

Sharpie marker sized hole considering the flange size is choke up. And yes the 361 muffler is horrible.

Latest posts

Back