• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

The Moody 362 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

moody

This is getting ready to get a good going through.
enu5e6eh.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

How many of you want to see a detailed going through of this saw? What are some things that you are interested in knowing or seeing ? I would love some ideas.

It caught me off guard on the first one I received... the off switch doesn't stay in the "off" position, it jumps back into the "run" position. This is totally different from the 441 and 241 c-m's. I thought it was broken until I read the owner's manual.

Im just flapping my jaw, but what ever you have time for or things you find to be interesting.
Plus the 362c's are new enough there is not alot of content out there.

I'll be posting some quick overview of it in a hour or so

It caught me off guard on the first one I received... the off switch doesn't stay in the "off" position, it jumps back into the "run" position. This is totally different from the 441 and 241 c-m's. I thought it was broken until I read the owner's manual.

Uhh.... No MS 261 C-Ms there yet?

Uhh.... No MS 261 C-Ms there yet?
I still have two carb'd ones in stock and won't be ordering the C-M's until my summer order. I special ordered one for my son's friend, he set it up and ran it cutting firewood for me, but I never got to run it much. I think they handed it to me running, and I handed it back to him running. Do they have the same control as the 362? Springs back to run?

I still have two carb'd ones in stock and won't be ordering the C-M's until my summer order. I special ordered one for my son's friend, he set it up and ran it cutting firewood for me, but I never got to run it much. I think they handed it to me running, and I handed it back to him running. Do they have the same control as the 362? Springs back to run?

Yes, "return to run" on the 261. Check out brads YouTube for an up close look on the MS 261 C-M stop switch.

Very interested in this thread, as I have been looking at a ms261 cm and a ms362 cm. Understand they are two different saws, but should like to see the gains Justin can achieve.

One of the things that has always bugged me about Stihl is that they obviously assign a saw design to a separate team that doesn't talk to another team. The differences in families of saws makes them seem totally different brands in a way. You would think there would be some commonality up through the pro-saws, but they are all as different as can be. Sure would make it easier on techs, as well as users, if there was some commonality.

Why throw a different control into the mix? Wonder what the 661C-M is? I'll never have one in stock unless someone orders one. Much too large for around here.

I'll be doing a thread here soon about, as soon as the parts arrive, about converting a 362 carb to the 362C HD2 air filter.

Let's go over the design changes from the original.

The carb housing was a big complaint from me when we had the original. They've went with a very similar design of the 261. It shouldn't collect fine dust as bad. And with the upgraded filter should allow the saw to breath without ingesting or plugging up as fast.

baru7ava.jpg

Here's the updated filter.

ase3ajug.jpg

And the housing from a different view.
epy4yba6.jpg

261c does this also....xskier commented, didn't see it

.....I'll be doing a thread here soon about, as soon as the parts arrive, about converting a 362 carb to the 362C HD2 air filter.

cool...don't you have to change just about everything from the air shroud forward? or do you have to change the carb bracket too...ill have to keep an eye out for your thread...also interested in seeing updates to this thread!! I like that 362

Here's a cosmetic change which may or may not be useful to people who hate flippy caps.
ybu6e3e6.jpg

Back